New version of Nitecore Defender Infinity?

frankiej

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I just received my replacement NDI from EDGETAC (great customer service BTW!) to replace my defective eBay NDI. The one I received has the nice square threads I've seen reference to, but it also has a feature that I've not seen in the NDI yet. The exposed circuit board, inside the head, has very thick contact points, nearly 1/8" thick I would guess, as well as exposed circuitry like the new D10. You can kinda see what I'm talking about in the pic of the D10 on the Fenixstore website, showing the inside of the head.

My old NDI, as well as all others I've seen, had the thin contacts. Is this a new version or something? It seems to be a much more robust construction. My new NDI, after a thourough cleaning, is working flawlessly.

Last edited:

frankiej

Newly Enlightened
Just a bit more 10-43 on my original post. Succumbing to curiosity, I tried pressing down the outer ring underneath the head, on the circuit board side, and the outer ring is spring loaded. This is (I'm assuming, as I don't own one) exactly how the switching is accomplished in the NiteCore D-10. It appears the mode switching on the NDI is exactly the same as the on/off/mode switching on the D-10. Interesting, and a significant improvement IMO.

The first NDI I had was a dodgy MK IV P.O.S. for sure. This one is great, and it functions flawlessly.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens wrote in one of the D10/EX10 threads new boards and drivers will be shared across the whole Nitecore range, starting with the next batches of NDI and (i think) NE.

rhpdchief

Newly Enlightened
Just got one of the new NDi's from 4sevens about a week ago. Fits on the D10 body and vice versa but not really interchangeable due to the operation/programming differences BTW my AW protected 14500's fit fine.

Last edited:

frankiej

Newly Enlightened
Thanks orcinus & Tohuwabohu for the info! This explains it all. I've been negligent in sifting through all the D-10/EX-10 threads, therefore I missed that post. I will agree with 4sevens post, regarding the reliability of the new NDI. This improvement has turned the NDI from a questionable, unreliable light to a nearly flawless one. :thumbsup: