• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: *SOLD* Milkyspit (L6 + SSC P7) Transporter...688 & 206 lumen!

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
*** SOLD *** *** SOLD *** *** SOLD ***

Hey everyone. I hate to sell this, but I need the funds. It's my newest milkyspit mod. All you guys out there waiting and waiting and waiting for a PM or an email in the hopes of getting a build started...well, no waiting necessary here! :)

The Surefire Milkyspit L6-P7 Transporter is a wonderful thrower, thanks to the super deep reflector of the KL6 head (long since discontinued). It has the newest SSCP7 CSWOI LED, driven at 2.55A...rated at 688 lumen! Whoa! I've got a special firmware in here for 2 brightness levels: full brightness and 30% brightness. Runtime on full brightness is about an hour, and 2.5 hours at 30% (looks like it's half as bright). The new Miser Mode is programmed in there as well, giving over 24 hours on the lowest brightness level. Wow! Tactical mode is included as well. That means the light will always turn on the highest brightness first. If you don't like that, you can switch to general mode and then it'll just remember which brightness level you last used. 20 taps should do it.

I am currently using a 17670 li-ion battery with a dummy RCR123 (included). This would also work with one 18650, but you'll have to either find another body or bore out this L6 body.

The front has a special diffuse film that really smooths out the beam of the P7, which is notorious for rings. Light is in mint condition. Clickie tailcap. Lanyard ring and lanyard also included, along with the dummy spacer. Cool white tint for that HID-like feeling. :)

Terms of Sale:
  • Paypal Cash or Credit (add 4% for credit/debit)
  • USA Shipping: Free USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation
  • International: Free 1st Class Mail (PM for more options)
  • First to post "I'll take it" is the winner. I'll PM the winner my paypal info.

Surefire Milkyspit L6-P7 Transporter...$575...*** SOLD ***

transporter1.jpg

transporter2.jpg

transporter3.jpg

twin_towers.jpg

lights8_800.jpg

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Surefire Milkyspit L6-P7 Transporter...688 lumen!

:eek:oo: That would make a sweet M6 head....

Very nice!

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

After my recent 1st Milkyspit...I want MORE. How's the throw on this one?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

:eek:oo: That would make a sweet M6 head....

Very nice!

I think the voltage from the M6 body would be too high for this baby. My Transgressor head would be better suited for the M6 body. That sucker would give me like 600 lumen for 2.5 hours on the M6 body! haha.

After my recent 1st Milkyspit...I want MORE. How's the throw on this one?

The throw on this is great...but what's even better is how smooth the transition is from the hotspot to the sidespill. There is a ton of very useable spill from this light. The cool tint gives this an "HID-like" feel.

Lanyard ring and lanyard also included, but not pictured.

Last edited:

1wrx7

Enlightened

My first and only Milky light so far is my "Sparkplug" KL6 with a P7. Mine is rated at 412lm on high and 82lm on low. The term Milky used when describing the beam was muscular. He is dead on. Mine has a defined hotspot when wall hunting but the rest of the beam still has a lot of output. When used outside it just looks like a strong uniform beam:twothumbs

If you're looking for a light in this size I would recomend it. The word I like for it is useable. It's my go to light in the house when I need to set a light down to illuminate a project or area. Peoples reaction when you're walking through the woods at night is priceless when you fire the P7 up.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: *PRICE DROP* Milkyspit L6P7 (L6 + SSCP7 CSWOI) Transporter...688 & 340 lumen!

My first and only Milky light so far is my "Sparkplug" KL6 with a P7. Mine is rated at 412lm on high and 82lm on low. The term Milky used when describing the beam was muscular. He is dead on. Mine has a defined hotspot when wall hunting but the rest of the beam still has a lot of output. When used outside it just looks like a strong uniform beam:twothumbs

If you're looking for a light in this size I would recomend it. The word I like for it is useable. It's my go to light in the house when I need to set a light down to illuminate a project or area. Peoples reaction when you're walking through the woods at night is priceless when you fire the P7 up.

Thanks for your input! Whoever gets this light will be one happy camper! :)

big price drop! Remember, no wait time! It took almost a month for me to get this puppy back from Jersey.

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic

A KL6 on an M6 is a look only a flasholic could love:

011-3.jpg

My P7 KL6 rides on a 1x18650 Leef C-M tube.

002-63.jpg

Short & sweet!

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: *HUGE DROP* Milkyspit L6P7 (L6 + SSCP7 CSWOI) Transporter...688 & 340 lumen!

HUGE price drop. Buy this before it gets recycled like my Transgressor.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: *LAST DROP* Milkyspit L6P7 (L6 + SSC P7) Transporter...688 & 340 lumen!

Ok, this is my final drop before this light is withdrawn.

Silversurfer

Enlightened

A great light and a great deal from a great seller.

And a free bump ...

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just wanted to clarify a couple things, hope I'm not intruding...

The firmware is dual brightness as Tung has stated, but the low beam is 30% output relative to the high beam. This firmware also incorporates the same Miser Mode that I've built into the 'Bailey' version of Acorn firmware, on which this customization is based.

Approximate runtimes using 1x18650 AW 2200mAh rechargeable: HIGH 52 minutes... LOW 2h23m... MISER HIGH 6 hours... MISER LOW 24 hours. The light will actually continue to generate output long after these times, but will be markedly dimmer. The idea is to avoid things suddenly going dark, so you'll have some light to get you home even if your battery is badly depleted. The exception to this general rule would be the protection circuitry of the cell itself, which may or may not cause the cell to stop delivering power at some point... the circuitry in these cells can vary in their behavior from piece to piece.

The light is designed for use with a single lithium-ion rechargeable, but any size cell ought to work. IMHO a 1x18650 LeefBody in conjunction with this head would be a great combo and reduce the overall size of the light significantly... Donn posted a photo of a similar configuration above.

As with all my builds, the light is made first and foremost for maximal USABILITY. It's designed to be USED. If it ends up becoming part of a collection, or a good light for flashaholic gatherings, or whatever, so be it! Just want to be clear in the general design philosophy I use in such builds... they are designed to be used in the real world. I know Tung shares this outlook when he approaches me with a prospective project... wanted to remind everyone else, too, as sometimes it seems that point gets a little lost.

Anyway, sorry for being overly verbose! Thanks for putting up with my pontifications, all. :bow: :bow: :eek:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: *LAST DROP* Milkyspit L6P7 (L6 + SSC P7) Transporter...688 & 206 lumen!

Milkyspit...I appreciate your input and I've corrected the errors in my sale post. I guess I was a little confused with the 50% brightness issue. I meant that it appears to be half as bright as full power...and I guess that correlates to the 30% lumens...or 206 lumen in this case.

The Miser Mode is pretty cool. Perfect for survival or emergency lighting. I just tried it out and it nearly gave me a seizure from flashing the light 40 times to activate Miser Mode. haha! So this light really has 4 levels of brightness. Great!

I thought about putting the KL6 on the Leef body that Donn has, but those are pretty hard to find. Plus, I generally like my lights to look as stock as possible, only the internals modified. But yes, Donn's light looks awesome, especially with that SW02 tailcap! :)

Now I'm even more tempted to just keep this for myself...hmm.... :popcorn:

Last edited:

blacksheepvictor

Newly Enlightened

Hello ttran97,

Would the head work on an L5 body?

BSV

blacksheepvictor

Newly Enlightened

Hmm... Now there's an option. I love the light I just need it to be shorter. I currently use an L5 at work and the size is perfect. Do you have any idea of the sacrifice in runtime I would take in using the L5 body with the Leef adapter? Also how would you compare your light to an L5. I like the side spill of my L5 but the throw is a little laking.

BSV

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm... Now there's an option. I love the light I just need it to be shorter. I currently use an L5 at work and the size is perfect. Do you have any idea of the sacrifice in runtime I would take in using the L5 body with the Leef adapter? Also how would you compare your light to an L5. I like the side spill of my L5 but the throw is a little laking.

BSV

There would be NO sacrifice in runtime since you'll be using the same battery...the 17670. You just won't have to use a dummy spacer now. (A 17670 li-ion battery is the same length as 2 CR123's). This KL6 mod has a lot of sidespill and throw. It's been a few years since I've seen an L5, but I know that the P7 LED will blow the pants off the stock L5 emitter, which was a Luxeon, I believe.