alright, its almost 4th of july, a friday too, time to show off your lights!

Illum

Flashaholic
I'm preping my WA1185 equipped M6 and charging up extra NIMH batteries for the Mag64/ROP. Theres always smoke blowing my way, I don't know whether its the location or what? but whenever theres fireworks going off somewhere we're the ones that smell smoke the first. :shrug:

I know my "big guns" are ready, anyone out there showing off mean lights on Friday night? If so, share with us what lights are they. I'm curious:grin2:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
4th of July has always been the night to pull out the flashlights ever since I was very young. My family would grab the brightest one we had and drive down to Boston to watch the fireworks. I have no idea what light to bring this year, something the cops won't take from me or, not one with a short run time, or maybe I test my luck with the coppers with my 10D 30 watt Rayovac, any one else going in to Boston?

mwaldron

Enlightened
I'll be packing my Strion equipped A2 and probably my new (arrived today!) Kroma Mil-Spec. Hey, the Kroma even makes sense, it's got Red White and Blue!

I really need to get a Big Gun. The M6 is calling my name but I just can't do it....

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Bringin' the light show from both ends of my TLE-300 Mag :rock:

Cap1.jpg

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I'm preping my WA1185 equipped M6 and charging up extra NIMH batteries for the Mag64/ROP. Theres always smoke blowing my way, I don't know whether its the location or what? but whenever theres fireworks going off somewhere we're the ones that smell smoke the first. :shrug:

I know my "big guns" are ready, anyone out there showing off mean lights on Friday night? If so, share with us what lights are they. I'm curious:grin2:

I have had the same idea as you for a while, I plan on showing off my lights this July 4th when everyone is doing fireworks.

I will be out there with my POB HID, 15mcp Thor, and my Brinkmann Qbeam Big Max 3 million MaxPower rechargeable spotlight shaming the fireworks, lol.

I know for sure the POB's beam is visible in the night sky from the other side of my neighborhood, so it will be great beaming the sky and possibly lighting up clouds, which will be a great "show". The 15mcp Thor and 3mcp Qbeam also have very impressive beams in the sky.

My 3mcp rechargeable Qbeam has the most "shock and awe" factor of the 3 lights when it is on FLOOD mode, so I am going to shine it around the neighborhood. I consider my Brinkmann to be my biggest "gun".

BMF

Enlightened
Originally Posted by Illum_the_nation

I have had the same idea as you for a while, I plan on showing off my lights this July 4th when everyone is doing fireworks.

I will be out there with my POB HID, 15mcp Thor, and my Brinkmann Qbeam Big Max 3 million MaxPower rechargeable spotlight shaming the fireworks, lol.

I know for sure the POB's beam is visible in the night sky from the other side of my neighborhood, so it will be great beaming the sky and possibly lighting up clouds, which will be a great "show". The 15mcp Thor and 3mcp Qbeam also have very impressive beams in the sky.

My 3mcp rechargeable Qbeam has the most "shock and awe" factor of the 3 lights when it is on FLOOD mode, so I am going to shine it around the neighborhood. I consider my Brinkmann to be my biggest "gun".

I will bring my POB HID too. And this will be the first time I'll bring my shelf queen out for a play: this light in Black with 3 battery packs total and the 1210i charger in the car.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
The police can take your flashlight away in Boston?!!!

I sure hop not, but there is for the better part a large probability, if any one here goes in to see the fireworks in Boston, they will be sure to tell you how it looks like World War III, there is enough military and Police forces out there to take over a small country. Granted some years it's beater or worse then others "For what ever reason:shrug::sigh:" One year they fenced off the entire baseball field and recreation area with armed guards, and had individual entrances in the fence to get to the river were police and Military personals were keeping track of every one. Of course other years they will have very minimum security "Go figure?". So I hope no one stops me carrying my 2.5 foot long shoulder strapped Chrome light "At least it doesn't stick out or anything:ohgeez:"

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*

Wyeast

Enlightened
July 4th usually ends up being basically a block party on our street, so it's mostly about letting the safety zealot out to play. :hahaha:

Class II Reflective Vest
Inova 24/7 + a few assorted blinkers strapped to a sawhorse as an impromptu barricade
Myo XP for hands-free fuse illumination
Task Force 2C for "oh crap, did that fly into the bushes?" detail

And glowsticks for the kids. :twothumbs

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
July 4th usually ends up being basically a block party on our street, so it's mostly about letting the safety zealot out to play. :hahaha:

Class II Reflective Vest
Inova 24/7 + a few assorted blinkers strapped to a sawhorse as an impromptu barricade
Myo XP for hands-free fuse illumination
Task Force 2C for "oh crap, did that fly into the bushes?" detail

And glowsticks for the kids. :twothumbs

That Task force will definitely find out what flew in to the bushes:eeksign:! +1:rock:

copperfox

Enlightened
My main light will be the Novatac on a medium setting (~60lm) for walking around. However, I'm also bringing my recently received Malkoff M60 in a 6PD and my ROP-hi. Good times :D:twothumbs.