Husky 2C and 2D luxeon flashlights

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
I was at the home depot earlier and I was mildly interested in these lights so I was curious if anyone else had investigated them since I can't find anything online. They had a 2C and a 2D version both claimed to have luxeon bulbs and the 2D version claimed to have 3 brightness modes.

wwglen

Enlightened
I had one...

Poor construction...

Lots of springs...

While it had multiple brightnesses they were alost the same. I went to the switch mech and changed out the resistors (Brightness was controlled by resistors on the switch board).

Gave it away.

wwglen

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the D version and it is OK. Two of the brightness levels look almost the same (the lower two). I picked up the C version (There were actually 3 different C versions, and 2 D versions at one time) and it was not bright at all so I returned it. I think they are made OK but nothing to scream about.

Mike

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a 2D version and all three of my brightness levels are quite noticeably different.

It's got the best throw of my lights, but most of my lights are general purpose and not throwers.

The tint on mine is a bit purple, but not a problem unless comparing it with a light with a whiter tint.

I actually like it enough to keep it and consider getting a couple for family members that would benefit from a light with throw - they have big back yards.

yekim

Enlightened
I have the 2c version, I like it. One level. Easily swapped a SSCP4 into it and gave it to my daughter. I did not completely disassemble it, but it looked like it had some sort of regulator in there, I saw a cap on the board, just did not want to fight it to get it apart.

Not super bright but it last a good long time. Still using the carbon c cells that came with it.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great think about brick and mortar stores is you can buy it, try it, and if you do not like it, return it!:D. I got mine on sale and I think it is worth the price. I really like the C form factor though and I may try another one one of these days! Now if I can only find the 2C River Rock Nightfire light at Target!!

Mike