Is it possible to have too many Flashlights?

american lockpicker

Enlightened
Today I was talking to my dad and I said I was thinking of buying a Tekitite that costs $170. And he said that I have enough flashlights and even if I got it I would get bored with it within a month and want to buy another and another... That got me thinking is it possible to have too many flashlights and if its not possible how can I justify the purchase of a expensive flashlight?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well depends. If you are just collecting, then no, you can't have enough.

But you might if there isn't enough space or you have some that you haven't used(as in can't find any use for them, afraid to use the light doesn't count) since you gotten them, them yes you can have too many.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, not really, as long as you're being fiscally responsible. By the way, which Tekitite are you looking at?

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Well...

Can a Mechanic have too many tools?

Can a Painter have too many brushes?

Can a Library have too many books?

Can a Warrior have too many weapons?

Can a Woman have legs too long? Breasts too large? Eyes too magnetic?

Should any of these be subject to gov't regulation "for the common good?"

Freedom's a mindset... with responsibilities... now playing center field. Stay tuned.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Why carry spare batteries, when you can carry spare flashlights?

If a Blackout happens, will you have enough for every neighbor in your apartment complex?

Having too many lights is like having too many caring friends. (No such thing).

Newly Enlightened
There is wisdom in what your Dad said. You will always want another light. So, yes, it is possible to have too many flashlights.

I was reading on here and this guy imposed limits on the number of lights he had. I haven't done it yet, but it's a good idea.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Give some of your lights away to family and friends as gifts. It is what I do. Why the Excursion LS4? Aside from its dive rating...well...it just seems so overpriced for something so ordinary...

jbviau

Enlightened
There is wisdom in what your Dad said. You will always want another light. So, yes, it is possible to have too many flashlights.

I was reading on here and this guy imposed limits on the number of lights he had. I haven't done it yet, but it's a good idea.

I'm a "limit" person. My personal rule: I can only have one light in a particular size at a time, i.e. one AAA light, one AA light, one CR123A light, one 2X CR123A light, one 3X CR123A light, one headlamp. The first three sizes aren't even represented in my collection right now, though I have an EX10 on the way.

So I guess what I'm saying is "Yes" to the OP's question, at least for me personally.

carrot

Flashaholic
NO!

But there is a flashlight that will cure your NEED, you just have to keep buying til you find it. I found mine. :)

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
lol i think the 2 is 1 and 1 is none rule applies here also.

my dad always says " u have enough flashlights! stop buying them" lol

what non flashlaholics dont realize is, its just our passion or hobby if u will.

Why do die cast/model car collectors have a bunch of cars, and even multiples in the same car make and model and year?

and me personally, i like to buy two of the same thing, if i can afford it. one to collect dust untill the day i lose the one im using LOL...sounds strange, but im sure others do it too....

Illum

Flashaholic
yes, I'm currently working on a proposed liquidation
I think 50 is too much for one guy to use:shakehead

Carrot used that to lure me into buying an A2...then several A2s later Carrot changed his verse into something more pricey...don't listen to carrot, you won't get your money back, just a bigger collection of quality lights you don't need:candle:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have mixed feelings about this.

The reason I have so many lights, is because it's really next to impossible to try a light out unless you buy it. I read reviews over and over, but nothing gave me the real feeling of a light until I've bought it and have it in my hands to use for an hour or two.

The problem for me is once I buy a light to try out, I generally like it or love it, and don't want to get rid of it.

Right now I've got 4 really solid AA lights, not including my Zebralight H50, and they serve as back up to each other. When I have maybe 10 AA lights, that would be too many, and I'll look to give some away to family / friends.