Fenix screw thread compatibility

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I am trying to play lego with my lights. So far these lights have compatible threads,

Nitecore Defender Infinity AA
Jetbeam MKII AA
Fenix L1P AA

I believe most Fenix AA shares the same threads. So what else do you have that works with the lights above? Ultrafire AA anyone? Lets play lego :D.

Vincent.

Last edited:

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
nanotech17 - Did you tried it or was it all questions? Sorry, but I don't have a L1D to try it out for you if those were your questions. msia boleh yeah.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can tell you that all the fenix AAA lights use the same diameter. :)

Crenshaw

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix L1D/L1T v2.0 has CR123A sized threads for compatibility with the P2D so does not fit a L1P/L1T original. Tailcap still fits so you can get a tactical tailcap for your L1P for momentary use.
To avoid confusion everybody please specify the exact model Fenix you are discussing.

The MTE 1AA 1 mode SKU 1995 is supposed to be compatible with the L1P, but after the 1st batch the heads are all glued to the bodies. I cannot get mine off. I had actually bought it to give my L1P/Civictor more oomph. :(

Don't forget the Civictor V1. The body is 1/4" shorter than the rear clickie lights, enough to make a difference in small pockets.

EDIT
I just tried my Ultrafire C3 Q5 SKU 10727 head on my L1P and Civictor. They fit and work.
Now I got me a homemade Jetbeam CLE twistie with zero Jetbeam parts! :D
Thanks for the idea.:twothumbs

-----

Try to put an E01 head on a E0 body. I believe the threads are reversed.
I can tell you that all the fenix AAA lights use the same diameter. :)

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try to put an E01 head on a E0 body. I believe the threads are reversed.

yes, but its still the same diameter, making my statement still correct...:)

try an L0D Head on E0 body, looks really cool actually!

you can try an E0 head on an L0D body too....

or you can try a E01 head in the L0D head...or the E0 head...if you can find batteries small enough.

Crenshaw

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may be a dumb question, but will an L1D Q5 head with a P2D body perform the same as a "regular" P2D Q5 light? And will this combo work with a 3.7V RCR123? :thinking: