JUst got my E1B

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a sweet little light, not to mention the 10 free energizer lithiums that came with it, plus the one in the chamber!! However, is there any way it could be reprogrammed to come on it low first? probably not right? Still sweet for $101

This is my first higher end surefire,

also the book that came with it states 1.3 hrs on high, so will this run for that time and then drop to low?

generic808

Enlightened
If you wanted low first, maybe you should've considered the E1L. Or you could find a head on B/S/T and swap it out when you want your low first.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you wanted low first, maybe you should've considered the E1L. Or you could find a head on B/S/T and swap it out when you want your low first.

Well you know to be honest, it will probably happen. I need another light like i need a shotgun blast to the face. :) LOL

Seriously, i was looking at that light.!!

generic808

Enlightened
Well what are you waiting for then? Go ahead and pull the trigger! :naughty: Of my 20+ Surefire's, the E1L is what I find in my pocket a good 75% of the time. The form factor and size is great, and I love the knurling as opposed to the E1B's smooth body. That's just me though :p

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can put the KX2-BK head on your E1B body and then it'll have low first, then high. You'll have to use an RCR123 3.7v rechargeable, though, which isn't a bad thing. :) You'll get 50ish minutes on high and days on low.

I like the E1e-BK tailcap on it for more grip, too.

e1b_kx2_e1e_tail.jpg

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a sweet little light, not to mention the 10 free energizer lithiums that came with it, plus the one in the chamber!! However, is there any way it could be reprogrammed to come on it low first? probably not right? Still sweet for $101

This is my first higher end surefire,

also the book that came with it states 1.3 hrs on high, so will this run for that time and then drop to low?

Congrats on your purchase! I too love my E1B. Our of curiosity, where did you purchase your E1B? 10 free Energizers at $101 sounds like a pretty good deal.

Robert

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it from LA police gear :), So is the 1.3 hr runtime constant brightness on high befor it drops to low?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it from LA police gear :), So is the 1.3 hr runtime constant brightness on high befor it drops to low?

No, you can switch to low any time you want. I don't know what happens after the 1.3 hours on high...maybe it won't fire up to high anymore and you'll only get low level. And I'm sure by then, the low level won't be the full 37 hours or whatever it says on the box.

alibaba

Enlightened

My PDF reader is freaking right now but if you download SF's catalog from their website I think that I remember it says something like runtimes are how long a light produces "useful levels" of light. If I remember further ( I could very well be wrong ) they define useful as 1 lumen. I seriously think that my E1B is producing WAY more than 1 lumen after 1.5 hours on high. After high dims substantially you can drop it down to low and get a few more hours. Not very scientific, I know, but there ya' go................

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess i was mislead to believe that it was regulated for hi at 1.3 hrs then it would drop to low

LG&M

Enlightened
The E1B is one of my favorite lights. Try a F04 diffuser cap it makes it even more useful.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess i was mislead to believe that it was regulated for hi at 1.3 hrs then it would drop to low

Oh, I'm not sure how long it will stay in regulation on high...Most likely at least an hour or so. I just meant that you don't have to wait until after the light nearly dies in order to switch to low mode. So it probably does what you said...stay in regulation for 1.3 hours and then drop to low mode automatically...if that's how you wanted to run the Backup.