Peak Matterhorn with 10180 body

gorn

Enlightened
I recently ran across an old thread on the Peak forum that talked about the availability of 10180 bodies for the brass 2 LED Matterhorn lights. Since I have an ORB WEE 10180 I thought I'd see if the brass bodies were still available. My EDC for several years has been a 3 LED Matterhorn with the "pocket" body. I called Peak and spoke with a very knowledgeable gentleman. He checked and found that they had about 25 of the bodies left. I ordered the body and a Pacific with a CR2 body in brass. Peak offers the Pacific with either a 3 volt or 5 volt board. I chose the 5 volt just to be safe since some RCR2 batteries run higher voltage than others.

I received the body and light yesterday. Both the body and light were as high of quality as I have come to expect from Peak. There is a slight weight increase in the brass over aluminum but with these small lights it doesn't make a noticeable difference. The Pacific I ordered has the ultra high power LED option. I was more than happy with the amount of light it put out. I then changed the body on my Matterhorn. I was surprised how bright the little beast was. I compared it with one of my Fenix L0's and found it to be significantly brighter. I did not have any of my ARC or L01's handy to compare it to. The Peak's beam was also really white compared to the Fenix.

I decided to see how long this thing would run on the tiny battery. I put a freshly charged 10180 in it and let it run. It provided full brightness for 17 to 18 minutes. I had it sitting on my nightstand during that time. At about 18 minutes it started to dim. I decided to pick it up to see how warm it was. The light was hot. Hot enough to make me put it right back down. That concerned me so I thought I'd see how long I could hold it. I don't know if it is because of the brass, but within seconds of picking it up it cooled right down. I guess my skin was enough of a heat conductor to cool it.

I let it run another 20 minutes or so before I got tired of waiting for it to die. It provided plenty of usable light for those 20 minutes. I have no idea how long it would have kept it up. Considering the size of the light I was happy with those run times.
In my opinion, if you want a really small bright EDC light the Matterhorn with 10180 body is something you should consider. It is also available in HA aluminum if that little extra brass weight bothers you. Unfortunately Peak is discontinuing the brass lights so if you want one get it now. The bright side of them discontinuing the line is that they have them on sale for 25% off. I will be ordering more before they are sold out.

Beam shot
IMG_0008.jpg

WEE Peak Fenix
IMG_0015.jpg

RAW Peak Novatec
IMG_0016.jpg

RAW Peak Peak Pacific
IMG_0019.jpg

Matterhorn
dis.jpg