Any fishing rod builders out there?

Wylie

Enlightened
I just finished the wrappings on a fishing rod for a customer and was wondering if there may be any rod builders here on the forum? I have yet to install the illumination in this fishing rod and will post some pictures if any of you may be interested in my laser fishing rods. I don't mean to sound egotistical but I do build the best illuminated fishing rods built.
fc594e33.jpg

B@rt

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Wylie said:
I I have yet to install the illumination in this fishing rod and will post some pictures if any of you may be interested in my laser fishing rods.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still need to ask? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Of course we want pics... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
Cute bunny B@rt,
I guess I will have to post some pictures when I get this rod lit up then.

V8TOYOTATRK,
I forgot to mention if you do build fishing rods and would like to show them on the net there is a website hosted by Mudhole the rod components distributor here

Wylie

Enlightened
I almost forgot to get this picture posted for you B@rt.
fc5373d5.jpg

The crazy thing is this picture looks over exposed with the way the light from the fishing rod looks like it is outside of the fishing rod. Nope, the picture was taken with a digital camera. That's the way these things look sometimes and this is one of the best pictures I have taken of the laser rods yet. They are kind of hard to focus the camera on and really strange looking. Some people are really captivated by the way these rods look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif Now that it is posted on the net it doesn't show that the tip is lit as well as it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif Did I mention that the light moves inside the fishing rod when the rod is touched at all. They are very sensitive to even the lightest of bites.

Wylie

Enlightened
Those are pretty neat, looks almost like a ccfl. I think I would have a pretty tough time fitting one of those in a fishing rod. Something has been done similar with the EL wire but everything involved is not self-contained. There is a battery pack and the EL wire wraps around the fishing rod, not the best application if I were to say. The real trick for me to pull off with the laser rods would be motion-activated sound to help indicate when a fish is taking the bait. If I were to do this then I would have to have some sort of a potentiometer to avoid setting the rods sound off in the breeze or on boats. This would compromise the battery life too. I'll put my rods up against any visual bite indication on the market but the sound thing is a tough nut to crack being around water all the time. I better leave well enough alone, you know don't fix something if it isn't broken. Okay enough rambling from me.