Streamlight TL-2 C4 or Surefire E2DL?

hotbossa

Newly Enlightened
I want to get a new tacitcal light with a clip. I am looking at either the Surefire E2DL (Defender) or the new Streamlight TL-2 C4. Both of these lighs are realitively new and I am not able to find a whole lot of information. Here are a few questions.

Is the Streamlight HA?

Is the clip on the Surefire replaceable? Can I put a longer clip on it?

Which do you think will carry in the pocket better?

Any other thoughts? Thanks for your help!

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having had both lights, here are the advantades of both. The e2d is brigter and has 2 levels and better throw. The sl is very tough and does not have the sharp bezel teeth which are annoying in a edc. I would still buy it over the sl unless $$$ is an issue.

hotbossa

Newly Enlightened
Having had both lights, here are the advantades of both. The e2d is brigter and has 2 levels and better throw. The sl is very tough and does not have the sharp bezel teeth which are annoying in a edc. I would still buy it over the sl unless $$$ is an issue.

Thanks for the help! How does the SL ride in the pocket? I notice that the bezel is bigger.

rejeme

Newly Enlightened
I just bought the E2DL and have already ruined a pair of shorts carrying it in my pocket. I wouldnt recommend it for pocket carry. I use a Surfire V21 that I carry it in at work. I dont have any experience with the Streamlight, but the E2DL's two stages and ability to run on RCR123's is great.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bezel is bigger. Neither light would be my first choice in edc (in a pocket) carry, but either is do-able as such. I with SF would make the e2l with the e2d's output.... with bezel down carry. I would still carry the e2d every day over the SL. Plus it will tail stand if you need it to.

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
I with SF would make the e2l with the e2d's output....

The closest you can get is to install a KX2C head on a two cell E series body. Beware sticker shock. SF is doing their best to squeeze money out of anyone who wants a high power LED light that isn't fitted with an Internet Toughguy<tm> sharpened bezel or NERFed with a multimode interface that can't be relied on to give you the output you want when you need it.