Pick ONE Light...No if's, and's or but's

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a two part question and I think it will be interesting.

We have seen numerous threads on your best 5 lights, or 3 lights you couldn't do without, etc, etc.

I would like to know what ONE light would you choose, if you could have only ONE?. Not one thrower, one for flood, one for this pocket or that pocket. Not one for camping, one for edc one for car etc, etc.

Just ONE Light PERIOD. :eek:

You can make up your own senario for the reasson to have only one. End of the world, you are banktrupt, government mandate, you lost all but one, whatever madness you need to imagine to only have one. lol.

What would that light be? Why?

PART 2 of the question.

Is that the light that you carry the most now? why?

Don't burn you brains trying to think about this one. :sick2:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Easy, the new NiteCore D10. It's my EDC, and it's just about perfect.

Why? The knurling is PERFECT (really, I can't imagine it being any better), so easy to hold. The size is perfect. It's a tad smaller than the L1D.

The most important part, the UI and Clicky are very close to perfection. Prior to the D10 I was satisfied with easy to use Fenix reverse clickies, but after using the clickie on the D10, wow, I'm blown away and spoiled. It will be tough for me to go back to the manual clickies.

This light allows me to use it as a twisty, as a momentary (fwd click), or as a clicky for multi-mode action. Basically, I can have my cake and eat it too.

The beam is gorgeous. It's very very bright and lots of spill. It feels so well built and expensive, but it's so affordable.

So basically I love this light in every way. :)

Rossymeister

Enlightened
I would have to go with the Novatac 120P. The range of brightnesses makes it a perfect, all around light.

-Aaron

kramer5150

Flashaholic
part1 - Surefire 6P. Why? because 10-20 years from now I know it will still work and if I ever damage it SF will send replacement parts for free. It truly is one that will last a lifetime.

part2 - Romisen RC-C3. Why? because its small, compact, 90 Lumens of smooth floody goodness, reliable and easily replaced for $13. I can get longer run times with a primary cell too.

Last edited:

ginaz

Enlightened
L2T rebel. 2 levels, high and low. great beam, great color rendition from the rebel. long runtime with 2aa's. easy to carry. it is my most used light. you may have seen me praise it in other threads but it is really close to perfect for me.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I had warning, I'd grab my D10. Small enough to EDC (can't do that with my L2D), multi levels, multi methods of operation, reliable, etc.

If I didn't have warning (i.e, someone broke in and stole all my lights XD), I'd have my raw al because it's my EDC.

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
TiPD-S

The SF Titan is probably my most carried light due to it's great size and the fact that it's a real tactile "plaything".

However if I go anywhere where a good, dependable light is really important (camping, walking, travel etc.) the TiPD-S will be the first light I think to pack.

dano101

Enlightened
My Surefire 6P With Malkoff M60. Cant really explain why that one... just has always been my fave for form and function. And it too is my edc light... i have big pockets hehe.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
could it be a lego...Fenix Lego L12PD :thumbsup:

only 1 probably L1D as its effiency gets me 2 hours on max L91 and 30+ on low and output is fantastic ...other 1AA may be a bit brighter but you lose precious 20+ minutes runtime on max ..so i would rather have the extra near half hour than a tiny bit more brightness

Last edited:

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brass MR Bulk LionCub. Easy to upgrade, small, multiple battery sizes, and a UI that rivals anything out there. And yes, I carry it more than any other.

Dave

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously considering your EOTW/SHTF, one light forever, not replaceable, scenario, mine would be a white CMG UltraInfinity. Simply because I know it will work, battery will be the most likely obtainable and will have long runtime. The output will be impressive because it may be one of the few lights working after a few weeks or months.

An E0D is my most carried light, because of size and output, but I have UltraInf's in my truck, toolbag and goeverywhereallthetime possible bag.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
McLux III PD-S mizer. :thumbsup:

Even though I have lights that are theortically more durable or have more efficient emitters or more modes/levels I still love the simplicity of the switching and the aesthetics of it. I only wish I could afford to buy more of his lights.:sigh::broke:

I also like the fact that it is semi-custom and I can actually contact the person that made and designed it. It does share EDC duties with other lights but it is still my favourite.

Last edited:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire U2. No, it's not the light I carry most often. Mostly because I have other, smaller lights in my collection. But, if I had to throw them all away save one, I'd keep the U2.