Surefire Millennium WeaponLight LED Conversion??

vantage

Newly Enlightened
I was hoping to find some information about the availability of the KL9 when I came across this in the Surefire Catalog:

Millennium Universal System WeaponLights can be fitted with high-output or ultra high-output lamps and come in three different reflector sizes (indicated by bezel diameter), providing a range of lumen outputs, runtimes, and beam characteristics to meet your specific needs. They can be converted to an LED WeaponLight system by replacing the incandescent head with an optional KL9 LED head or dropping in a P60L or P61L LED assembly.
[Page 28 of the Tactical Catalog]

Can the Millennium WeaponLight really take a P60L lamp? Taking a quick look at mine I don't see how.

Thanks.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The catalog is referring to the range as a group. I can see how it can be misleading.
The M3 takes the KL9, whilst the M2 takes the P60L/P61L.

The M3 and all WeaponLights using the "M3" bezel can not accept the P60/P60L - SureFire is creating what is likely being called the KL9 to convert them to LED.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
The catalog is referring to the range as a group. I can see how it can be misleading.
The M3 takes the KL9, whilst the M2 takes the P60L/P61L.

The M3 and all WeaponLights using the "M3" bezel can not accept the P60/P60L - SureFire is creating what is likely being called the KL9 to convert them to LED.

that is good, because even though i would like the KL6 for my M6 i would like something cheaper. also can you enlighten me on this P61L bulb? I cant seem to find it. Is it not out yet?

Size15's

Flashaholic
that is good, because even though i would like the KL6 for my M6 i would like something cheaper. also can you enlighten me on this P61L bulb? I cant seem to find it. Is it not out yet?
It is likely that the KL9 bezel will also be able to be hosted by the M6 (and possibly by the M4)

The P61L is SureFire's as yet unreleased "High Output LED Lamp Assembly" (HOLLA) counterpart to their P60L LED Lamp Assembly.
The P61L is intended to replace the need for their P61 incandescent Lamp Assembly and like the P60L, the P61L will be used in both the 6P (etc) (two-SF123A) models and the 9P (etc) (three-SF123A) models.

Like the KL9 the output and runtime characteristics of the P61L are under development.

Al