Ra Twisty 100 vs Bitz

UWAK

Enlightened
Any comparison on brightness and beam character between Bitz and Ra Twisty 100 out there? I really appreciate any answers. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

frids

1M1

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to see a comparison, myself.

Great idea.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
have both lights. at this point in time, EDC both.

other than the obvious diff. in size, and the diff in UI, both are very nice lights. both plenty bright and with the multiple o.p. levels can have a long burntime.

as far as beam characteristics go, the Bitz i have is just a bit warmer than the Twisty-100-Tw that i have. actually, i should say not as cool as the Twisty, since the Bitz is not really a warm beam, IMO, and so to call it "warmer" as i did might be misleading.

the Twisty has a brighter spot, whereas the Bitz's central spot, running off of a CR123A cell, is less well defined. this, despite the Bitz's higher claimed lumen value on its MAX o.p. level as cp. to the Twisty's claimed MAX lumen value, makes the Bitz to appear just a very little less bright if one is aiming it on an object ~40' away. however, outside the central spot the Bitz appears as bright as the Twisty.

before anyone asks, i have never owned a camera. so, sorry no beamshots or actual in use pics of either light.

crocodilo

Enlightened
Thanks for your comparison. Just before buying the BitZ I was looking for something along the lines of Ra or Novatac. Ended up with a smaller, custom, more affordable light that I've come to love! Good to see it holding up against the others, and providing a damn good service.

UWAK

Enlightened
have both lights. at this point in time, EDC both.

other than the obvious diff. in size, and the diff in UI, both are very nice lights. both plenty bright and with the multiple o.p. levels can have a long burntime.

as far as beam characteristics go, the Bitz i have is just a bit warmer than the Twisty-100-Tw that i have. actually, i should say not as cool as the Twisty, since the Bitz is not really a warm beam, IMO, and so to call it "warmer" as i did might be misleading.

the Twisty has a brighter spot, whereas the Bitz's central spot, running off of a CR123A cell, is less well defined. this, despite the Bitz's higher claimed lumen value on its MAX o.p. level as cp. to the Twisty's claimed MAX lumen value, makes the Bitz to appear just a very little less bright if one is aiming it on an object ~40' away. however, outside the central spot the Bitz appears as bright as the Twisty.

before anyone asks, i have never owned a camera. so, sorry no beamshots or actual in use pics of either light.

It's clear enough for me even with no beamshots. Thank you sir.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I used to not own either but knew that I wanted to get one of them. After going back and forth on them several times and re-reading threads on these two lights, I chose the Bitz. I really think I was sold on how compact it was and how people were ogling about the quality of every feature on the light. I'm very happy with my choice. I still feel that the Ra Twisty is too large for me and doesn't provide enough style separation from my Novatacs.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
btiz's beam is nicer. whiter and smoother, nice hotspot and smoother transition to spill. twisty is greener (although not "green" really) and a bit more ringy. but thats not why you buy the twisty :)

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
Own and use both. I would just add that the Twisty has the better size reflector because it is a larger light so it has more room. Since the reflector is deeper on the Twisty, the beam is more focused and has better throw than the BitZ. The low on the Twisty is MUCH lower than the lowest low on the BitZ. I do use the BitZ more often as it is smaller and thus usually with me more often than the Twisty due to the size differences. The deeper crenellated bezel on the BitZ does affect the shape of the beam and is noticeable up close. My BitZ is greener in tint than my Twisty which has a purplish leaning tint. Again, that is only really noticeable when white-wall hunting. Both lights have very comparable beams to my 120P, which still is my favorite beam for shape and tint. I actually EDC the BitZ (for its size) and my 120P with its 17670 tube extension for the added runtime. I only grab the Twisty when I think I might need its ruggedness over the BitZ or the lower low (but the 120P has the same low).