EDC - How many and how do you carry them?

RichardMT

Newly Enlightened
No particular reason for this question, just curious is all. I never imagined I would have an interest in flashlights as a hobby. I have always had some because they are useful, but never as an interest until recently. Now I find myself in the same dilema I have with my knives...choosing which to carry each day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yesterday I could not decide and actually carried 2 of them, an Infinity Ultra and PT Attitude. So I was just wondering how many lights you carry each day, and how do you carry them comfortably ? Thanks.

Ninja

Newly Enlightened
ARC AAA, Surefire E1e's with beamshaper or KL-1, all on lanyards & mini caribiners attached to belt loop. I change between them depending on what I'm going to do.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2e clipped to pocket and ARC LSH-P in that little 5th pocket when it gets here from dan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yellow Photon Mk.1 on keyring with the lanyard part of their lanyard clip - since I see well with yellow and it is dim enough not to disturb my vision in darkened environments (probably NOT true night/scotopic/rods-only vision), but just bright enough to walk by outdoors, which I've done so - I've had a yellow Photon II for over 4 years waiting to replace the Mk.1 when it wears out - and it won't! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
My keyring is in right pocket, but clipped to my belt.

My other flashlight is the CMG Ultra-G single AA white LED with homemade wrist loop in my other (left) pocket. The size and wrist loop makes it easily accessible and fits my hands well for longer duration usage.

This is my normal away from home (out of the front door) EDC:
fc7efa6b.jpg

Check out these other threads on EDCs:

EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)??

Pics of your EDC

What equipment do people here carry on a regular basis? (Please everybody respond)

ChrisA

Enlightened
arc aaa (in left pocket), arc sls and sf e2e (in backpack). small slipjoint with carbon-steel blade (in right pocket) for sheeple-friendly cutting and spyderco military (with convexed edge, in backpack).

chris

Dave Wright

Enlightened
I read EDC as every day all day except when you're showering or sleeping. Mine would be just the Arc AAA on my keyring. I also carry a MM/BB400 fairly often.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF E2 in left front pocket, Arc AAA turquoise and SL Keymate on keychain, Ultra G in right front pocket, Ill Pill and Legend LX in my vehicle. This changes from time to time when I get the urge to "live on the edge" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif and carry something different! Multi-tool in left rear pocket and wallet in right rear pocket...

PJD

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
AB modded Arc Grey Kit on keychain (absolutely LOVE this light!!!). It has become my (when I pull my keychain from my pocket) "uh oh, Billy got a new light... WOW nice!" light. At work I also carry an E2 and an Infinity Ultra. The E2/Grey Kit/Ultra combo has been great at work. 3 levels of brightness for any occasion. In fact, now that I have the Grey Kit I almost need more of a laser spot from the E2. Uh Oh, time to get a new light!!

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2e in back left pocket (often with beamshaper), ARC AAA and Victorinox Midnite Manager II in small change pocket (5th pocket on jeans) and Photon 3 on keychain.

Reaper

Enlightened
Infinity on keyring
BB400 Q3L on belt
Mini-socom
Shoulder bag with 3AA Opalec, extra batteries

These are "always" items, others are added depending on where I'm going or doing

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I always have my ARC AAAA on the key-chain.
Sometimes a E1/KL1 in left front pocket.
Sometimes a SL Stylus in shirt pocket
Sometimes a G2, or MadMax on my belt.
Sometimes all of the above at onetime.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al - the Arc AAAA is a regular AAA head installed on a body specially made by one of CPF`s talented metalworking operatives, that takes a single AAAA cell. I`ve seen photos. They`re tiny!

-

Front left pocket: the biggest bunch of keys you ever did see, also containing a turquoise Photon and a mangled green Infinity.

Front right pocket: Opalec NewBeam in a tatty blue MiniManglite. Small flat-bladed electrical terminal screwdriver.

Back left pocket: Arc LS (early low-dome white model) tethered to a belt loop with a CMG Infinity lanyard.

Back right pocket: Credit cards and driving license (sssh, don`t tell the pickpockets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ).

Beltmounted, left: SureFire Classic 9N. Draper proffessional 8 meter tape measure.

Beltmounted, right: Surefire E2e with white KL1 and Wolf Eyes 168B Lion rechargeable battery. Gerber Model 600 multi-tool complete with hex screwdriver bit set.

I`m heavy to begin with, so I don`t usually notice all the excess weight!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
...and here is a picture of the final production version compaired to a ARC AAA.

ARC-AAAAd.jpg

kodiak

Enlightened
rfp- swisschamp,hooked on belt with hook and chain
lfp- benchmade mini tsek and fisher space pen
watch pocket- spare 123
rrp- e1e
prinstontec eclipse cliped onto beltloop.
photon on keychain

gyverpete

Enlightened
I EDC three lights.

Arc-LS Hybrid w/twisty 123 pack, shrink-tubed, with elastic finger lanyard carried in homemade quickdraw cordura holster with "safety". Worn on belt everytime I leave the house.

Arc-AAA Standard White, shrink-tubed on paracord around neck.

Photon II Yellow on paracord around neck (with SAK).

The neck lanyards I wear inside my shirt 24/7 and remove them only to shower.

fc587d86.jpg

fc587d3e.jpg

K-T

*Moderator*
Gyverpete,

what's that knive you are carrying inside your waistband on the second picture? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
K-T, it looks like either a Kershaw Ken Onion Chive or Scallion.

I carry Arc AAA LE around my neck, Arc LSH-P in pants pocket and a Surefire C2-HA in either a Sidearmor sheath, my pants pocket, waistband or jacket pocket, a CRKT PECK as a money clip and either a Bob Dozier Arkansas Toothpick in my own custom kydex IWB sheath or one of the multitude of tactical folders I own (today it was a CRKT Lightfoot M1) and a Swiss-tech Utili-Key on my key ring. In my messenger bag I carry a photon III on clipped paracord lanyard, a Surefire G2 backup light a SC1 with spare lamp and 123's and a Craftsman (Kershaw) multitool.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif