should I sell my ARC LSH-S and buy the P

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my arc lsh-s and am contemplating selling it and buying the P version. Would it be worth it, how much brighter is the P than the S, it would cost the just the difference.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello keithhr,

I love my ARC LSH-P, but have never had a LSH-S to compare it with.

Why don't you get a P and post a comparison based on what you find. The light that is least favorable you can sell... or you can just keep them both.

Tom

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
it depends on the luxeon you get as they vary. buying a premium is the best way to ensure you get the top of the barrel.

the best thing to do is buy a premium, compare the two and decide which you want to keep.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I accidentally put this in the other thread so I copied it over here.

I wonder how to tell which version I have. It seems as though they should indicate with each light which led value it is. There is a huge difference between m and q, almost like a different light. So if I got a high n value(23.4) with my standard version, it seems as though I could get a low p (23.5)in the premium version and gain nothing really. That doesn't seem to be a very appropriate value system, in music it would be the same as an A flat versus a B plus, which means it would be the same, drat. Unless there is something I'm missing, paying a big premium for potentially no gain doesn't make any sense.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have an LSH-S and recently bought an LSH-P from Vicomptel ($114). The P is Q3k. Ir is brighter and whiter than my S. I do not know what the bin is on the S.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i hope i don't get a P4 luxeon....that would kinda suck since its a premium /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Chamenos, Did you read my post? If you ordered a premium and it comes back a P, then send it back and get a Q from Vicomptel.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered one from Dan at Tactical warehouse and was assured it was a Q hand selected by him. Kudos! I couldn't stand it if I let this pass me by so I ordered the lsh-p and might sell my lsh-s even though it's a great light and keep it for back up.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
SUREFARC said:
But how do I know if mine is P or Q?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're purchasing a Premium Arc LS, either High or Low Dome, just check the Quality Control sticker on the bag and look at the "Rank" -- it will tell you all the information you need.

-Jim

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have stopped including that information on each sticker. There are still some units with it included in dealer inventory.

I made the decision to stop including the information because it just increases pressure on us and our dealers for an LED that is already in short supply. We already guarantee a minimum rank for the standard and the premium. This is more than what any other manufacturer of LS flashlights offers.

Again, the suitable grades of Luxeon Star LEDs are in very short supply!

Peter

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
We have stopped including that information on each sticker. There are still some units with it included in dealer inventory.

I made the decision to stop including the information because it just increases pressure on us and our dealers for an LED that is already in short supply. We already guarantee a minimum rank for the standard and the premium. This is more than what any other manufacturer of LS flashlights offers.

Again, the suitable grades of Luxeon Star LEDs are in very short supply!

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call Peter. I know this probably won't be popular with most customers (I wish I had gotten a rank on my QC sticker to be honest) but it will be very popular with your dealers.

I think you were making life difficult for Arc and Arc dealers by putting the rank on the QC sticker. After all, everyone was going to be asking for the brightest ones possible.

Pat

pyramus

Newly Enlightened
My LSH-P has a rank of Q3K. My LSH-S has already been sold. Enough said.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I'm jealous of you guys who got Q flux and I don't even know what mine is. Merri says it's most likely P.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I recently got a reel of P4J's for a mod production run that are brighter and whiter than the Q3H reels I've gotten in the past. God's truth.

Could be the mfg. process has improved or something, but every single emitter on this reel is bright and white. Ask anyone who has ever purchased entire reels at a time and they will tell you that QC usually varies considerably on the very same reel. Not so with this latest one...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
This confuses me. Which is brighter, whiter, etc, a Q3j or Q3k, and what about a Q3l? l=small L.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Bill,
you can find the binning code here . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If I understand it correctly, the Q3H is brighter than the Q3K, wich in turn is brighter than the Q3L, due to a higher forward voltage... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Hope this helps,

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
bullzeyebill: i did read your post, however the lsh-p that's on the way to me was not purchased from vicomptel.

Status
Not open for further replies.