Trying to find the right one...

LEDlightman

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a flashlight that meets several requrements. First, it has to use a regualr PR base bulb, and it has to use C-cell batteries. It has to have a metal body so that heat produced by the bulb is removed, like a Mag light. It has to be fairly small and a low price would help as well. Anyone got any suggestions?
I plan to use the EverLED in it, so heatsinking is fairly important. I have looked everywhere, and I have found Maglight, however, I think 9 inches is a little too big for a 2 C-cell light. I want to be able to carry it in my pocket, can you do this with a 2 C-cell Mag? Please advise. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
The 2C Brinkmann Legend, which is available hardly anywhere other than at Brinkmann's site is much more pocketable, and is better designed and made than the Maglite in my opinion. The primary difference though is the head is closer to the same diameter as the body. Still, it's a bit long for pocket carry, though it can be done. It could attract a bit of attention though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

The 2C Legend is where I keep my EverLED.

LEDlightman

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your reply. I'll take a look at the Brinkmann, it seems like the right light. Does anyone have any experience with the pelican lights? Are they good? I know that they are plastic, but they are extremely compact, a good feature.

onelight

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have several pelican lights 2-3c 2-2aa and have had good service from them all.But they through a tight spot and none of mine use a pr bulb. Some of the other models may be pr I am not sure.