Since when was there other flashlight forums?

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
:confused:WHAT? Anther Flashlight form? I've been here for a few mouths now and have never heard about them so what's the deal with http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=1939.from1126027078 does anyone here go there? I just accidentally found them while doing a Google search on the McLux PD-S, So I guess aour little group here isn't alone. Am I the only one that didn't know about this other forum, Is there others?

ToeMoss

Newly Enlightened
I think you may have been the only one Juggernaut.
CPF has more traffic however, so I suspect you'll continue to be a regular here.

carrot

Flashaholic
I have registered on three other flashlight forums. I believe one to be defunct, and the other two I choose not to participate in for a myriad of reasons. My biggest reason is that it would be a waste of time for me to participate in all of them when most of the readership of the other two come to skim CPF as evidenced by their many threads discussing CPF.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've registered with 3 or 4, I think, but CPF already takes too much of my time to allow me to invest any more somewhere else. All the rest, to my knowledge, have been started by CPF members. (or former CPF members) They were here first and then decided to go off and do their own thing for one reason or another.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yup, there are others. I've went to a couple of them. The main reasons why I didn't stay too long at those forums are because they suffered from one or more of the following....

1 - Not enough traffic ~ All of them were smaller than CPF. Ask a question on CPF, and you're likely to get several good, intelligent, responses. You might get that over at another forum, outside of CPF. But there won't be as many responses, or it'll take quite a bit longer to get as many.

2 - CPF bashing ~ Nothing like trying out another forum, only to see its members bashing the CPF community, the Admins., the Mods, or Greta. (Usually because of some perceived wrong or some type of imagined favortism). I've even seen bashing of individual CPFers who don't fall into any of the above categories. A lot of the bashing is due to individuals not being allowed to post whatever they wanted, on CPF. Gee, sorry that Greta stopped you from acting like an @$$ on a family-friendly forum. :rolleyes:

3 - Welcoming scammers ~ A certain one of the other flashlight forums, which I'm not going to bother naming, welcomed a certain CPFer (also going to remain un-named) despite its members knowing his history on CPF. He wasn't just someone who insulted Greta, or got perma-banned for perhaps a minor offense. Oh no, he was known to have cheated a lot of CPFers out of their hard-earned money, after first establishing a good reputation on these boards. So he went over to one of the other forums, and despite some of their members knowing what he did on CPF; those in charge saw nothing wrong with Welcoming him with open arms.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 - CPF bashing ~ Nothing like trying out another forum, only to see its members bashing the CPF community, the Admins., the Mods, or Greta. (Usually because of some perceived wrong or some type of imagined favortism). I've even seen bashing of individual CPFers who don't fall into any of the above categories. A lot of the bashing is due to individuals not being allowed to post whatever they wanted, on CPF. Gee, sorry that Greta stopped you from acting like an @$$ on a family-friendly forum. :rolleyes:

Some members here are termed as "Ignorati" on another place i saw

a term i find quite funny...:laughing:

Crenshaw

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Some members here are termed as "Ignorati" on another place i saw

a term i find quite funny...:laughing:

Crenshaw

I know the place. The guy in charge is actually very good at the other thing he does.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I know of 3 English-based others, but at least 2 of them are nothing more than CPF-reject forums, consisting mainly of the banned CPF members with an axe to grind, where nearly all topics are "Look what CPF is doing this time - they suck". They aren't really flashlight related, they are just anti-CPF related. Nothing but conspiracy theorists with a bad attitude.

DecimusQ

Banned
You will miss out a lot if you just keep watching 1 channel of news, may be biased towards it. This is a hobby and there are no good or bad guys. May be you are all making a big deal out of it.

Marduke

Flashaholic
You will miss out a lot if you just keep watching 1 channel of news, may be biased towards it. This is a hobby and there are no good or bad guys. May be you are all making a big deal out of it.

Hi Greenstuffs, nice to see yet another alternate SN of yours on CPF again :wave:

Maybe this one won't get banned like the last 4 or 5 did....

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Greenstuffs, nice to see yet another alternate SN of yours on CPF again :wave:

Maybe this one won't get banned like the last 4 or 5 did....

if thats true, things are making a fair bit of sense now...

Crenshaw