Is it a bargain? Advice Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigjim

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, Just seen a Tiablo MA6 on ebay for $45.99, with free shipping. Seems like a very good deal indeed. As i want a thrower, but thought the A9, DBS were a bit big. However, the seller is International Trading Company. I have trawled through a few posts where people have had some bad experiences with this seller. But in the end people ended up with good flashlights. Do you guys feel I should go ahead with the deal? The picture of the box looks accurate, and it comes with both reflectors, spare clicky etc. Any help with making my mind up would be a great help as I want to get a new light ordered ready for duty in a couple of weeks (Police).

Thanks a lot.

P.S Am i allowed to post links? If someone says i am ill put the link up.

thebigjim

Newly Enlightened
Come on guys, sixty views, no opinions? Help me out here, Ill rephrase the question, can i get a better throwing light than that for the money? Thanks.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats sounds like a good deal.
I would check the sellers feedback as well and if it looks good I would say go for it.
Btw, I don't it would be a problem to post the link.

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
Another option would be the TK11 or similar light at the Fenix-Store. Fast shipping and lifetime warranty if purchase there.

If something went wrong with the light, is it worth the hassle and cost of returning the light? Would they stand behind the warranty?

You can also look at the buy/sell/trade forums and see if there's anything there that you like. There are some nice deals and lots of choices right now.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's your choice. If everything goes well- you buy the light, pay, it turns up in good condition and you don't have a problem with it, then great, you've saved yourself a few bucks. If you pay and it doesn't turn up or there's a problem further down the road, IMO you'll be up the creek without a paddle.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought MA6 from them a few months ago and it still looks and works great.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MA6 is one of the best quality throwers out there. The lights that throw better are all about 8mm longer and significantly wider. The Tiablo A9 has about a third more throw and can be bought off DX for $60. However, having owned both, Tiablo seems to be putting far more quality into the MA6, so I wouldn't recommend it for the same price. Besides, it's pure luck whether something from DX will arrive in a few weeks.

So, I think you've found a great deal :twothumbs I have the light, and I love it. However, after about half a year I am having switch problems, but that's to be expected with any forward clicky.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Hey everyone, Just seen a Tiablo MA6 on ebay for $45.99, with free shipping. Seems like a very good deal indeed. As i want a thrower, but thought the A9, DBS were a bit big. However, the seller is International Trading Company. I have trawled through a few posts where people have had some bad experiences with this seller. But in the end people ended up with good flashlights. Do you guys feel I should go ahead with the deal? The picture of the box looks accurate, and it comes with both reflectors, spare clicky etc. Any help with making my mind up would be a great help as I want to get a new light ordered ready for duty in a couple of weeks (Police).

Thanks a lot.

P.S Am i allowed to post links? If someone says i am ill put the link up.

I wouldn't.

Ebay only recently updated its feedback system. So there are most likely a LOT more negative feedbacks than the ones you see in his FB profile. The negatives you see are only those auction winners unhappy enough to risk a negative in retaliation.

IMHO you're better off spending a little more from a more reputable seller.

just my $.02

thebigjim

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your replies everyone, im in two minds as to order or not. Its £22.50 for me, I either get a bargain, or a headache! Looked at the feedback, lots of it is private, so i cant see what item it was etc. However, the same torch (Flashlight) is for sale for £89.99 in this country, so I would be saving a vast amount of money. I think ill give it a go, have to convince the Mrs to order it for me!

If it all turns out wrong, or i dont receive it, ill let you all know, and we can have some sort of "Sh*t" list so we all stay clear. If all goes well, Ill say what a good supplier they are.

Thanks a lot.
James.

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
Good luck, James.

Not to get you more confused, but batteryjunction.com has the MA6. Check around for the CPF discount code and you can save a bit of money.

It's a bit more expensive but you'll be buying from a reputable dealer (who also posts here on the forums).

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Thanks for all your replies everyone, im in two minds as to order or not. Its £22.50 for me, I either get a bargain, or a headache! Looked at the feedback, lots of it is private, so i cant see what item it was etc. However, the same torch (Flashlight) is for sale for £89.99 in this country, so I would be saving a vast amount of money. I think ill give it a go, have to convince the Mrs to order it for me!

If it all turns out wrong, or i dont receive it, ill let you all know, and we can have some sort of "Sh*t" list so we all stay clear. If all goes well, Ill say what a good supplier they are.

Thanks a lot.
James.

Good Luck!! Hope it works out well for you. Make sure you pay with paypal and Credit card account. That way you are backed not only by PP... but your CC company can go to bat for you as well.

I have had more than enough bad ebay transactions. Its nice to have your CC company there to threaten with a charge-back, or some kind of account suspension/freeze. That usually scares ebay members into honoring their end of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.