Zebralight update

nzbazza

Enlightened
I've just emailed Zebralight asking when was the H51 model (the reflectored version of the H50) expected to be released and they sent me the following reply:
Hi Barry,

The reflector based models are H51 and H31 (CR123A). They
are under development. We'd like to design a reflector that is
small in size, highly efficient, less noticeble rings (especially the dark
ring right outside the hot spot). We are near the end of the reflector
design phase with some good results. We may try that reflector in an
18650 based headlamp first. We will also introduce some new
thermal management ideas in our upcomming headlamps and
flashlights.

Estimated release dates: 18650 based H6?, next month. H31/H51
will be about one month after that.

Thanks and regards,

Lillian Xu
Customer Services
ZebraLight

Looks like the next few months are going to be very interesting from Zebralight. Especially the new model H31!

cchurchi

Enlightened
I'm waiting for the 18650 headlamp. Guilt free lumens and all my other lights use them.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I want to check out that H51 when it comes out. Unless Fenix has their headlamp first and it looks better.

paulr

Flashaholic
What happened to AAA power (H20)? I do NOT want to strap an 18650 to my head! Sorry!!

Rzr800

Enlightened
I just wanted to thank nzbazza and commend ZL for finally 'locking in' many of their former customers with this news.

It will be very hard for another (reasonably priced) headlamp announcement in the near future to accomplish the same. CPFers have seemingly waited quite a while now for this company or any other to engineer the obvious...common cell and/or significantly better powered lamps reflected properly with an emphasis on minimalism...along with obvious practical EDC double duty.

A lot of folks already carry nothing but an H50 or 30 every day of their lives presently and these new lights will relegate even more end outputers (only) to the shelf or a B.O.B bag very soon.

If I don't see a non-ZL headlamp in a CPF reviewer's hands before ZL makes their next announcement....why would I even bother taking a chance on another lamp when I have 3 or possibly 4 (with the long ago proposed AAA) to be rightfully excited about from a company having rocked the category already?

The H51 and H6 may just well round out my light needs for quite some time to come.

Last edited:

shining

Newly Enlightened
They are talking about a flashlight with a reflector, not a headlamp.

Interesting when H501 and H60 will appear...

What happened to AAA power (H20)? I do NOT want to strap an 18650 to my head! Sorry!!

Patriot

Flashaholic
They are talking about a flashlight with a reflector, not a headlamp.

No, they're talking about a Headlamp....

Lillian Xu
Customer Services
ZebraLight

We may try that reflector in an
18650 based headlamp first.

If I remember correctly the H31 and H51 are miniature reflectored versions of the H30 and H50.

shining

Newly Enlightened
In this thread they are talking about a flashlight H61 which will be released in a month. In the other thread which you are citing they say that the H60 headlamp will be released in two months.

No, they're talking about a Headlamp....

If I remember correctly the H31 and H51 are miniature reflectored versions of the H30 and H50.

Last edited:

nzbazza

Enlightened
I just wanted to thank nzbazza and commend ZL for finally 'locking in' many of their former customers with this news.

My pleasure! :p

AFAIK the model number for the 18650 headlamp has not been set. The email I received gives the model number as H6? That suggests to me (PURE SPECULATION) that the headlamp may have both flood and throw beams from 2 LED's, because if it was pure flood then it would of been H60 or reflectored version would of labeled as H61. We will just have to wait...

Also the H31 is a new model that Zebralight have not mention previously but one I am really looking forward to as well as the H51. When I worked out what I really wanted from a headlamp these two models were SO close it was scary!

Any other new headlamp would have REALLY special to make me buy it.

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: H60 18650 Zebralight in development.

May I enter an early plea that this time with the H60 they do NOT go for a complicated UI like the one on the H30. They read 1001 different ideas here when they asked for opinions on that one - it caused nothing but trouble and ended up satisfying very few.

Last edited:

cat

Enlightened
+1
Thanks, nzbazza.
I won't buy a Primus or a Dosun, I'll keep my money and wait for whatever Zebralight comes out with.

Rzr800

Enlightened
Re: H60 18650 Zebralight in development.

May I enter an early plea that this time with the H60 they do NOT go for a complicated UI like the one on the H30. They read 1001 different ideas here when they asked for opinions on that one - it caused nothing but trouble and ended up satisfying very few.

+1

On (low)...then high...off :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I don't know what to believe, but I do believe that there are a few really fantastic headlamps just on the horizon.

Can't wait to see what comes along!

Patriot

Flashaholic
In this thread they are talking about a flashlight H61 which will be released in a month. In the other thread which you are citing they say that the H60 headlamp will be released in two months.

Oh yeah........? :thinking: Maybe you can show me the post# in which anyone is referring to an H61 then.

Paulr simply asked when the H20 was going be be announced because the two previous posts were talking about the 18650 head lamp (the H60).

The OP's title is "Zebralight Update" followed by his first sentence, "I've just emailed Zebralight asking when was the H51 model expected to be released."

As I said eariler, following Zebralights model numbers, the H61 would be a reflectored version of the H60, which is an 18650 headlamp

H30 = CR123 headlamp
H31 = CR123 reflectored headlamp
H50 = AA headlamp
H51 = AA reflectored headlamp
H60 = 18650 headlamp
H61 = 18650 reflectored headlamp (to be released prior to the H31 or H50)

Understand now?

shining

Newly Enlightened
Probably. So the saying is that H61 (reflectored headlamp) will be released next month and H60 (according to the closed thread) in two months.

Btw, I don't care about them for the same reason as you and impatiently waiting for H501 (or whatever - AA with a clicky) ;)

Oh yeah........? :thinking: Maybe you can show me the post# in which anyone is referring to an H61 then.

Understand now?

AdamW

Newly Enlightened
Waiting for the H501: AA, clicky, recessed lens. No reflector.