m60 dropin in t.o.p. LX6AK2 incan

James Hamon

Newly Enlightened
Hi sorry if this is a noob question but would a malkoff m60,m60L,m60LL fit in my t.o.p. stryker LX6AK2 incan.I like the light it has good output and reliability for the price but the runtime is not what I would prefer and the lamp life is only 20 hours.So I was just wondering if the Malkoff dropins would work.It is an aluminum body runs on two 123 batteries.Thanks for any advice you can give.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Re: m60 dropin in t.o.p. stryker LX6AK2 incan

My understanding is the DX style drop ins do not fit in the TOP lights. Not certain about the Malkoff though.

roymail

Enlightened

Does it look similar to this or different?

Can you post a picture of the lamp module?

Measure across the front and the length of the lamp module?

James Hamon

Newly Enlightened

sorry no picture right now but it is similar looking to the one above yet not exactly it also looks very similar to a p60 from surefire.In height it measures about 1.5inches from tip to end of springs and in width at the very front is 1 1/32 inches.I'll try to take a picture later on today and post it.

Last edited:

roymail

Enlightened

From your measurements, it sounds like it could be a 26mm P60 type lamp. But, although the measurements are about the same, it would depend on how it's shaped. You have a couple of options. Personally, I'd try a $10 DX 6090 first... very small investment and highly regarded led drop in. You may just be pleasantly surprised how well it works.

Or, you can contact Gene about an M60. If he thinks it might fit, then give it a try. If it doesn't fit, you'd only be out shipping costs. Best of luck to you. Let's us know how it works out. :)

James Hamon

Newly Enlightened

I would be ordering the dropin in a few weeks for my birthday so it will be a little while but thanks for the advice.If anybody nows wether the malkoff m60 or bugoutgear premium crees fit in I would apreciate the info.

Last edited:

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened

The M60 does not fit in the T.O.P. Stryker. I have a P60L in mine. I find that all my SF and Lumen Factory lamp assemblies fit, but not the M60. I can't comment on any of the other mentioned drop ins.

James Hamon

Newly Enlightened

That sucks i'm suprised since the p60l fits inside i thought the p60L looked very similar to the strykers incan lamp.I thought the m60 could replace the p60L.Thanks for the info.

roymail

Enlightened

I think it would be worth trying the DX6090. It's highly regarded on CPF as perhaps one of the best "inexpensive" drop-ins available. It's output is approx 130 lumens at 6v. I have one in a SF G2 and I've gotten about 2 hrs. runtime with little to no decrease in brightness. Let me say that my use of the G2 is sporatic so I can't say how long it would run without interruption.

roymail

Enlightened

The M60 does not fit in the T.O.P. Stryker. I have a P60L in mine. I find that all my SF and Lumen Factory lamp assemblies fit, but not the M60. I can't comment on any of the other mentioned drop ins.

Did you find that out from experience, from Gene or otherwise? :huh:

kramer5150

Flashaholic

I think it would be worth trying the DX6090. It's highly regarded on CPF as perhaps one of the best "inexpensive" drop-ins available. It's output is approx 130 lumens at 6v. I have one in a SF G2 and I've gotten about 2 hrs. runtime with little to no decrease in brightness. Let me say that my use of the G2 is sporatic so I can't say how long it would run without interruption.

There were some discussions about 6 months ago regarding the TOP stryker lights and DX drop ins. Consensus was (from TOP owners) that the DX modules are too "fat" around the base, where the pill threads into the reflector. Removing the large spring does not alleviate the interference condition.

While the OEM Surefire P60 and P60L modules DO fit.

They are still pretty good lights for the $$$ IMHO. Just don't expect to drop a DX module into them. They had some open-package lights at Frys and they felt pretty robust and solid in the hand, smooth threads at the tailcap too. Although I didn't take the head off to see whats going on at the business end of the light.

roymail

Enlightened
Well, it's hard to tell from that pic, but it's certainly similar to a P60.

kramer5150 seems to have some up close knowledge, but I'm just guessing. I'd listen to those who have tried it.

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened

Did you find that out from experience, from Gene or otherwise? :huh:

Experience. I own both the M60 and the Stryker aluminum.

On a side note, when you put the T.O.P.'s incandescent lamp assembly in a G2, there is a gap in the bezel and body.

Last edited:

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
I'm currently using it in a 6p with a z59 clickie tailcap. I've also used it with Fivemega's 2x18500 body with a 6p head and tail so I could use rechargeables, but it left a gap between the head and body. I'm kind of picky about those things. The 6p is my preferred.