SF 6P Owners: Need some advice about lanyards

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I have a one of GenEric's polished SF 6PD's and it's a beautiful light. The polish really takes this sturdy light to another level. That said, it is a tool and I plan on taking this light on my camping trips so I need some advice from SF 6P owners...

I am purchasing a Maxpedition Single Sheath to holster the light but I also want to attach a lanyard to it as well (not that I plan on dropping or losing the light but you never know.) I thought about the stock Z34 lanyard but I'm not sure how sturdy the metal clip is. So, I'm looking for some other options... anyone have any other solution for attaching a lanyard to a 6PD? Thanks for any suggestions that you all may have...:popcorn:

Last edited:

cyberspyder

Enlightened
Combination of the Z34 and a Novatac clip (albeit on a G2):

dsc00250ui3.jpg

dsc00251xf4.jpg

-New style Novatac clip
-Surefire Lanyard (lanyard ring replaced by hole in Novatac clip)
-GITD cord pull
-5/8" O-Ring (from Home Depot)
-BugOutGear Cree drop-in (coming soon)

All-black goodness...

Brendan

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
See the 6P on the left. Bezel lanyard ring and shock cord lanyard. Lanyard fits tightly around the wrist so the light doesn't slip off. But easy to put on -- just stretch the shock cord. When you release the light, the 6P dangles tailcap down. Re-grasping the light is easy. Just close the fingers around the light and you are back in business with a perfect hold and thumb properly positioned. Unlike the paracord/cordlock SureFire lanyard, the shock cord lanyard uses a minimum amount of material, doesn't rattle, and doesn't get in the way.

SureFire6Pand6ZinKydexscabbards.jpg

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I made a correction to the posting... meant to say that I want to put a lanyard on so that I don't drop / lose the light.

cyberspyder, the novatac clip looks almost like a perfect fit. Do you happen to know the diameter of the opening of the clip or the outer diameter of the G2? I don't know if the G2 is the same diameter as the 6P... I just measured my 6P just below the o-ring by the tail cap and it measures 22.09mm.

Justin Case, thanks for the suggestion. So, you have one clip just below the bezel and the same type of clip just before the tailcap? I can't tell from the pic as the shockcord is in the way.

generic808

Enlightened
Larry,

I'm glad you like the light. I personally like the Surefire lanyard and use it on my own 6P, 9P, and 3x C3's. Here's what it looks like on one of my beater polished lights.

IMG_2813a.jpg

Let me know if you ever need another polished light. Perhaps one of my Siver Surfer 9P's (strike bezel & Z59 clickie) :naughty:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
RGB,

My 6P has one lanyard ring -- the Z12 bezel ring -- between the bezel and main body.

The shock cord loop in the photo is looped over the light simply to keep it out of the way so that I could fit the two lights in a narrower photo.

Here is a better photo:
SureFire6Pwithbezellanyard.jpg

My shock cord lanyard is simply a length (about 10"-12") of 4mm diameter (about 5/32") black shock cord that you can buy at a fabric store tied into a loop. The loop size is such that it fits comfortably around my wrist but is small enough so that it doesn't slide over my hand.

Here is the 6P hanging off my wrist by the shock cord lanyard:
SureFire6Phangingonlanyard.jpg

This photo show how you can just curl your fingers around the hanging flashlight to re-acquire your hold on it:
SureFire6Preacquired.jpg

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
friend you might have trouble putting the flashlight with a clip in that holster. It is a bit tight fit...

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Larry,
I'm glad you like the light. I personally like the Surefire lanyard and use it on my own 6P, 9P, and 3x C3's. Here's what it looks like on one of my beater polished lights.

Let me know if you ever need another polished light. Perhaps one of my Siver Surfer 9P's (strike bezel & Z59 clickie) :naughty:
Eric, great pics and that stock lanyard looks like it also does the trick. But you're just teasing me now... :ohgeez:I've used the SF 6P as a bike light to add some additional ambient light to my main light and it's awesome in that capacity, it's also my high output primary light in my courier bag but you just gave me an idea that it would be a good idea to have a second 'beater' light... :ohgeez::crazy:.

I'm REALLY tempted as I want to pick up Gene's M30 drop-in and run it as well... but I'm going to have to wait a bit as I just received a bunch of accessories and the post-office just notified me that my two Nitecores have arrived:party:. My next purchase is for a bunch of SSC P4 emitters for a long overdue mod of my PT Apex.

So many lights... so little funds... :broke:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Justin Case, thanks for the pics - so it's not the Z34 but the Z12 - I see how it works. Not a bad idea.

kosPap, do you also have the Maxpedition Single Sheath as well? The listing indicates that the velcro is adjustable for length but you may have a point as the clip may require bezel-down carry and may not fit entirely in the sheath. If you have the Maxpedition Single Sheath, I would appreciate any input. Then again, maybe I'll just have to use the stock clip and lanyard...

generic808

Enlightened
Eric, great pics and that stock lanyard looks like it also does the trick. But you're just teasing me now... :ohgeez:I've used the SF 6P as a bike light to add some additional ambient light to my main light and it's awesome in that capacity, it's also my high output primary light in my courier bag but you just gave me an idea that it would be a good idea to have a second 'beater' light... :ohgeez::crazy:.

So many lights... so little funds... :broke:

How's about the 6P be your beater and you use this as your primary? :huh: This will be completed soon and will go up for sale. No reservations on it though, only a first come first serve basis. This is just a sneak peak teaser for y'all :naughty:

IMG_2834a.jpg

IMG_2833a.jpg

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
kosPap, do you also have the Maxpedition Single Sheath as well? The listing indicates that the velcro is adjustable for length but you may have a point as the clip may require bezel-down carry and may not fit entirely in the sheath. If you have the Maxpedition Single Sheath, I would appreciate any input. Then again, maybe I'll just have to use the stock clip and lanyard...

Ouch My Bad! Mine is this MXP1419B Maxpedition 5" Tube Sheath

The flashlight fits HEADS UP ONLY. the seath is formed for a 6P dround body...And indeed the it is adjustable for length since there is female velcro in the whole front of it.

So it seems I will need your input if the seath can for a centurion C3 head down...

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Eric, the C3 is a beaut! Thanks for letting me know, unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of the 3x123 lights as I feel they are a bit big and I have RCR123's in pairs. But, I'll let you know when I'm in the market for a back-up 6P... likely a polished one as well... ;)

kosPap, no worries. But, I would be using a 6P and not the C3 in the sheath... so maybe I need to get the 5" sheath and not the single sheath as I originally thought...

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
kosPap, no worries. But, I would be using a 6P and not the C3 in the sheath... so maybe I need to get the 5" sheath and not the single sheath as I originally thought...

I belive that the 4" seath fits the 6p exactly....care to wait a few days till I go back home and check again on the room available????

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Thx for the links NR... The LEEF ring looks a bit more substantial especially around where the lanyard would be attached.

I belive that the 4" seath fits the 6p exactly....care to wait a few days till I go back home and check again on the room available????
kosPap, if it's no trouble, that would be great as I'm getting confused about which maxpedition sheath would hold the 6P.

I saw on one site a pic of the Single Sheath with a SF 6P next to it but, then BatteryJunction mentions some Inova lights would fit the 5"... I know the sheath lid is adjustable so maybe the 4" would do. Again, I appreciate any feedback you have! :popcorn: