Surefire Refurbish?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just out of curiosity. I know there probably isnt a large amount of SF flashlight being sent back for warranty repair. But there are some.

Does SF just throw these away? Like the guy who had his SF M6 toasted from PRC 123s. Obviously SF isnt just gonna replace the primaries carrier and call it a day.

But the rest of the flashlight could possibly be still good.

Jsut thought maybe they might have a pile of slightly used flashlights. and maybe they should sell them for parts haha.

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire just isn't set up to sell returned items.
There are different categories of returns and they do make use of some of them - they can't sell them as new (and don't sell them as used/refurbished).

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is interesting:popcorn:

Is it possible to tour an SF plant? That would be very cool

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be awesome, might not be bad for something to raffle off as a cpf fundraiser.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may be possible to arrange a tour but the portions of SureFire's operation one can see is quite limited (turning centre, assembly, that sort of thing.

Hmm im headed back to Socal next week. Maybe I can arrange a tour at the Fountain Valley headquarters? Do they even have a retail store front at their Fountain Vallehy HQ?

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a surefire museum of all those one-off's, prototypes, and landmark lights would be one of the most kick-a__ things ever.