EX10 (1xCR123A) and D10 (1xAA) Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargePig

Newly Enlightened
I will continue here :D

Got my EX10 today. I'm very impressed by the build quality! Very sturdy little light. Seems to be working perfectly :twothumbs

mighty82

Enlightened
alibaba said:
EDIT: Just noticed, as well, that when you ramp in momentary mode there is no ramping memory.............in fact it doesn't seem to ramp down at all! When you get to max, let go and then try to ramp again it does nothing. Still, I keep it on momentary/min all the time and it's sweet that I can ramp it up quickly to a brighter level without twisting the head or going right to max. I wonder what else it can do!?
No... The ramping works both ways in momentary too. Both the ramping, memory and the shortcuts works exactly the same in momentary mode as they do with the head tight.

Either this light have been released in a lot of different versions, or a lot of people are doing a lot of things wrong :thinking:

Flintstone

Newly Enlightened
I got mine yesterday and can't say I'm THAT impressed. The click is way to firm - the UI a bit inconsistent and the high-pitched sound it makes drives me crazy.

I'm a bit disappointed especially about that sound it makes...

kenzo

Newly Enlightened
I get a high pitched sound as well! :0 (after testing it) I think it only happens when my nimh battery runs lowers. Lithium doesnt have sounds yet.

mighty82

Enlightened
Mine makes funny noises too with a 14500 battery. But it's low enough that I doesn't notice it most of the time.

jbviau

Enlightened
Well ok, as long as we're talking about inductor hum, my EX10 is a hummer (running on a Titanium CR123A). I only hear it while ramping at certain points and in low mode.

LargePig

Newly Enlightened
I can only hear the various inductor noises if I stick it in my ear, but I generally hold lights with my hand so...

I like the firm feel of the piston :shrug:

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened
Just got my D10 yesterday. It's easily my favorite EDC so far. Can't wait for the clip. Great job Nitecore\4sevens!

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I sick? I will have three NiteCore D10's in my collection shortly!!!

:nana::nana::whistle::oops:

Had to say goodbye to a few lights in my collection to make room, but the sacrifice is well worth it!!! :kiss::kiss::popcorn:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Received my EX10 (& Zebralight H30 :)) today. I like the EX10 a lot! Good size, easy interface and it looks great. Haven't detected any hums so far, so either my hearing is gone or I'm lucky and got a silent unit. The only problem I had with it was that the return of the piston was so slow it made double 'clicking' impossible, but after taking it apart and wiping off most of the lube it was ok.

Another great little light in my collection. I might just get the D10 too :)

FsTop

Enlightened
Last night did a casual run-off between the D10 and a JetBeam Mk. I.B.S. I used both Eneloop and AW 14400.

The IBS' beam is a bit greener and has more color artifacts, while the D10 looks whiter to me. Warning - I'm not particularly good at color.

The hotspot on both is about the same size. The IBS hotspot is brighter and more sharply defined than the D10 - I prefer the fuzzier, less intense, more diffuse D10 hotspot, but the IBS is a bit better thrower.

The IBS beam is a lot ringier than the D10.

The D10 goes a LOT dimmer than the lowest beam on the IBS, even if the D10 is on 14400 and the IBS on Eneloops. This is a really nice feature.

Mine had a jammed-spring issue initially, but works OK after removing/replacing the spring, and cleaning out blue grease that made the button too draggy.

IMHO, the D10 is a high-quality build, a pleasingly smaller physical package and a "better" beam, but I prefer the IBS UI - it just seems more logical to me.

Perhaps I'll find the "perfect" light just before I no longer care...

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I sick? I will have three NiteCore D10's in my collection shortly!!!

:nana::nana::whistle::oops:

Had to say goodbye to a few lights in my collection to make room, but the sacrifice is well worth it!!! :kiss::kiss::popcorn:

OK for that one I am going to have to ask...Why? What purpose does 3 identical lights hold for you? I'm just curious because though the price point is amazing for such a nice light, one is more than enough to wipe out my pocketbook. I'd be more interested in a variety than identical ones unless I am missing something. :thinking:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK for that one I am going to have to ask...Why? What purpose does 3 identical lights hold for you? I'm just curious because though the price point is amazing for such a nice light, one is more than enough to wipe out my pocketbook. I'd be more interested in a variety than identical ones unless I am missing something. :thinking:
Well, just so you know, I've never bought multiple lights before, until the D10.

I bought 3 because of several reasons:

1. To keep a D10 in my travel bag, since I fly frequently, I never want to find myself leaving my EDC D10 at home accidentally and without a bright favorite light.

2. To loan out the D10 to family or friends who need a super light, and I still have my D10 available to me to use. I don't feel right handing them the NDI or the Jet-1 IBS, because those are much harder to use and they'd get frustrated and not use the lights I loan them. The ND10 will be a no-brainer for them to use once I go over the UI with them.

3. In case I lose or break a D10, I don't want to have to keep waiting for Fenix-Store to get them back in stock. These lights are so popular I suspect it will be a hard item for Fenix-Store to keep in stock. The lights are relatively cheap so I can afford to buy ahead of time and always be ready!!

and finally 4: just cause I love these lights so darn much!! It's just about "the perfect light" for me, and when I find something that's perfect, I will buy several of that perfect thing because I use it and don't want to have to wait to buy it again or have to hunt for the lights if they're discontinued!!!

Yes, I'm a flashaholic and I need help!!!! :anyone::help::rock::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.