my Lightsaber....!..also got some questions

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
DSC00760.jpg

the wonderful world of Surefire Lego....

Solarforce Strik Bezel Head
C3 Body
Detonator 1 Cell extender
Cabela's Tail switch

Powered by 2 14500 and one AA spacer

had to use the cabela tail cos its threads do the conducting, so just had to barely screw it on. THere was hardly any space.

DSC00758.jpg

oh yeah, it works...

Doesnt the Detonator look cool for a lightsaber? now i just need a diffuser cone..

Crenshaw

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: my Lightsaber....!

Looks a bit scrawny (skinny) for a lightsaber. :) However, very cool looking combination of parts!

When I worked at a camera stop we took in a lot of used equipment and resold it. We sometimes got this flash handle, like from an old press camera's flash, that was the same part used in the first Star Wars movie for the lightsabre (they used the flash handle as the prop). So when we got them we put them on eBay and they usually sold for over $100 I think. :)

Shame I didn't snag one for myself. Now I could probably gut it and put an LED in there and add a diffuser cone.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Yeah, it's an anorexic light saber, but still an interesting puzzle of components.

I always thought the M6 body with L6 head looked fairly "lightsaber-ish"

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

heheh, it was fun!

i just realised though, the drop in can probably take 4x RCR123A, have to check but im pretty sure it said 18v was max. its the R2 one from dx.

I may just need to get another extender! the length is still too short for two hands.

Wade,
they did? i thought the custom made everything. I know ewan mcGregor got to keep one of the obi wan light saber handles, it looked fantastic! its one of the things i really wanna get one day.

yeah, its abit anorexic, :shrug: i dont care, it looks cool..:nana:

hmmm, any such thing as a two way adaptor ? like, a P60 host facing opposite directions?

is it safe to use 2 14500s and one RCR123A? im not mixing voltages right? its just im hesitant to use 4 RCR123As, and 2 14500s take up the space of 3 RCR123As nicely....

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
how about another one?

:D:D

DSC00763.jpg

ML1 CX taped to Detonator body with Z41, oh, yes it works too...1x 14500 + spacer

Crenshaw