Project Millenium Modular System

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so my M6 has started a fire and I feel the need to "accessorize".

I recently bought a M3T body w/ tail and M3 head. I also got the MN15 bulb.

I plan to put all these accessories in a Pelican case. I will get the KL9 and throw that in. I will search for the KL6 Head.

I plan to get the weapons switch.

I want to make the ultimate modular system. all contained in a brief case sized pelican case. probably in Tan too.

Oh yeah there will be spots for Spare Carriers as well and batteries and of course I will need a FM27 beam cover.

Are there any other accessories I am missing? in terms of SF parts. I know there are a few aftermarket. I will get RPM's Ti strike ring for the M6 when it comes out.

I have to say ttran97's picture has fueled this desire.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2276093&postcount=10

Along with the M24 sniper System.
http://www.clcweb.net/Shooting/Tactical_Shooting/Remington_M24/m24system.jpg

I want an all-in-one self contained system for almost every conceivable situation.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say ttran97's picture has fueled this desire.

Those pictures also got cqbdude hooked on M6's too! haha.

It looks like you've got all your bases covered, except for a rechargeable option for your M6. I have the 3x17670 holder by fivemega and plan on using it with the LF M6R lamp. The 2x18650 by mdocod looks promising too. There's actually a very wide range of battery types & lamp combinations you can use. Just look around and you'll see it.

Anyway, you're making ME envious of all your accessories! :) All I have is the FM27 and a Blackhawk pouch... :(

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
You're going to have a very large case by the time you add every conceivable variation!! :eek: :laughing:

Sounds like a fun project though. As ttrans97 stated, a rechargeable option would be great. The easiest way is to purchase 6 x AW RCR123's and the Lumens Factory HO-M6R bulb.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is the 700 lumen bulb right? Anyone have one yet? ttran can you shoot a pic of the beam shots from the stock MN21 vs LF M6R?

I have noticed that my HO-9L doenst look nearly as bright as my SF P91.

So im hesitant to get the LF M6R on just the basis that it is supposed to be 700 lumens.

Oh yeah I need to get a millennium weapons light body too.

You're going to have a very large case by the time you add every conceivable variation!!

I dont think so. If you look at ttran's setup, that is what I plan to emulate. I just one have two M6s. instead I will have my M6, and M3. I will increase the area around the M6 Head to accomodate the FM27 beam cover. the lower level, where ttran keeps his primaries, can accomodate a little more like the weapons body and weapons pressure tape switch.

I could probably fit my spares carrier in that level too. so that I can free up the space between the M6 and M3 to fit the KL9, KL6, and other various heads.

Last edited:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
So im hesitant to get the LF M6R on just the basis that it is supposed to be 700 lumens.

I dont think so. If you look at ttran's setup, that is what I plan to emulate. I just one have two M6s. instead I will have my M6, and M3. I will increase the area around the M6 Head to accomodate the FM27 beam cover. the lower level, where ttran keeps his primaries, can accomodate a little more like the weapons body and weapons pressure tape switch.

I could probably fit my spares carrier in that level too. so that I can free up the space between the M6 and M3 to fit the KL9, KL6, and other various heads.

I'm horrible with beam shots...so I can't help you there. haha. There's a good thread somewhere with a ton of beam shots for the M6 and its different bulbs. I think adamlau made it?

Patriot36 told me yesterday that the LF M6R lamp is probably only a little bit dimmer than the MN21 HOLA. That's really good news because you'll get like 40 minutes of runtime PLUS it's rechargeable. So you won't be burning 6 CR123's every 20 minutes. If you don't plan on using your M6 that often, then I guess you could just stick with primaries. no fuss.

I really don't think all your stuff will fit in that Pelican 1200 case that I have. The bottom "layer" is barely anything. In fact, the batteries lying flat actually protrude upward a bit. So if you put a spares carrier underneath, it'll definitely stick up and make the top layer very lumpy. I'm sure you saw my more detailed photos here.

But I guess you could give it a try. Part of the fun of getting cases is designing them to fit best for you! Just be careful and think twice before you start pluckin' away at the foam. haha.

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
Surefire rates their flashlights based on torch lumens on parcially discharged cells.

Lumensfactory rates their bulbs as bulb lumens at a particular design voltage, the design voltage and what you get from your particular cell combination can vary, sometimes you'll get more than listed, sometimes less, but you always have to knock of ~35% to calculate for torch lumens.

A HO-M6R is about 450 torch lumen's, to adjust it for partially discharged cells, maybe 375 "surefire" lumen's.

It's just a matter of understanding the different rating system. It's like gallons and liters, it doesn't matter how you measure, it can be re-calculated to the other unit of measure with simple math.

The HO-9L (assuming you own a wolf-eyes or other D36 compatible light) runs at about 380 bulb lumen ~7.2V with around 2.0A draw.

The SureFire P91 pulls ~2.5A, even more on li-ion cells, so is technically a higher wattage bulb. SureFire rates it at 200 lumen, but converted to bulb lumens on fresh cells it's like 400 lumen, on li-ion it's closer to 500 bulb lumen on freshly charged cells.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire rates their flashlights based on torch lumens on parcially discharged cells.

Lumensfactory rates their bulbs as bulb lumens at a particular design voltage, the design voltage and what you get from your particular cell combination can vary, sometimes you'll get more than listed, sometimes less, but you always have to knock of ~35% to calculate for torch lumens.

A HO-M6R is about 450 torch lumen's, to adjust it for partially discharged cells, maybe 375 "surefire" lumen's.

It's just a matter of understanding the different rating system. It's like gallons and liters, it doesn't matter how you measure, it can be re-calculated to the other unit of measure with simple math.

The HO-9L (assuming you own a wolf-eyes or other D36 compatible light) runs at about 380 bulb lumen ~7.2V with around 2.0A draw.

The SureFire P91 pulls ~2.5A, even more on li-ion cells, so is technically a higher wattage bulb. SureFire rates it at 200 lumen, but converted to bulb lumens on fresh cells it's like 400 lumen, on li-ion it's closer to 500 bulb lumen on freshly charged cells.

interesting thanks. I put the HO9L into a 9P clone and using primaries. Same with the P91. it actually goes into a rechargeable airsoft pistol light. It acts as a battery for an electric pistol, and yet can power a P91!!!! those clever japanese!!!!

ttran, I guess I didnt look close enough. hmm maybe I can find a slightly deeper case than the one you have to fit my needs. Now you tell me that I can run the M6R for 40 mins does sound more attractive. I will have to look more into this. I like it since I dont have to modify anything.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
m6_various_bulbs_chart.jpg

Again, I apologize to the creator of this because I am horrible with remembering who did what (beamshots, runtime, etc).

Actually, I think it says right on the chart...c0t0d0s0?

mdocod

Flashaholic
The HO-9L will not fit where a P91 will fit, you are thinking of the HO-9, the D26 (NOT D36), the HO-9 is a 1.55A 7.6V lamp, as compared with the 2.5+A of a P91, well, there is no comparison, the P91 on a good set of cells blows a HO-9 away in total output. But in my experience, the HO-9 is still a really nice bulb that makes good use of available power and has great throw considering it's output class and reflector size.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
:devil: to the maximum :) . Solscud007: As mentioned before and as the setup above shows, you really ought to consider a rechargeable option, or options :thumbsup: .

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
DM51 - that's a nice case, very organised
Just getting things ready to go out and do a series of comparison beamshots of all the various M6-R options. I hope to do this some time over the next few nights, when I find some time... and when it stops hammering down with rain, if it ever does, lol.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I really want a case :p Or at least something to keep all the parts together. My "Millennium Modular System" is scattered all over the house :green:

Regards,
Tempest

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heres some of my Millenium Series Modular System......minus a few turboheads

001-7.jpg

haha very nice. yeah something like that. that is why I want to get one of your weaponlight bodies.

DM51, I think you have a problem really. haha You have too many M6s. you need to share the wealth.