Any Experience W/North Face Venture ?

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received one from BackCountryStore.Com on Friday and it just started to rain here tonight.

This thing really looks waterproof and I can't wait to try it out.

Anybody have a real-life experience with theirs?

Marty

bigcozy

Enlightened
I got one Marty, great jacket. I have a couple of HElly Hansen rain jackets, one stays in my golf bag, the other in a bag on my motorcycle. The NF stays with me. Very waterproof, the HY-Vent works just as well IMHO as Gore Tex but is much cheaper. Very light, packable in own pocket, has a good full size hood. Little things I like too, like how a piece of felt is put on the end of the zipper so that when it is zipped all the way up with the hood up you don't have the zipper poking you all the time like my other jackets. I use this combined with a North Face Denali fleece jacket as my all around gear. I have a LOT of North Face gear and all of it has been worth the expensive price.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
bigcozy

I noticed the attention to detail (like the felt at the end of the zipper)and think that it's well made overall.

It doesn't rain much here in L.A. but I went for the Venture on a whim AND it was on sale to boot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Marty