Dewalt lists some new Cree based lights

x923x

Newly Enlightened
I currently use a SF G2L as my beater toolbox flashlight at work but depending on the price these get listed at, the Dewalt lights may make a nice addition.

Dewalt Flashlights

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might have to pick one up for home and car use......should be rugged enough. Thanks for the info.

Illum

Flashaholic
theres quite a few CREE lanterns than came out using XR-C emitters instead of the familiar XR-E family...I'm not sure why the bias in selection but hey...still better than what they used to use in it right?

JamisonM

Enlightened
They appear to be XR-C based, not XR-E. What were they thinking.... :shrug: :thinking:
I don't know either, but that's an LED swap waiting to happen. Maybe they were trying to keep production costs down. I did a quick search on google for how much the 3D is and, dare I say, these aren't exactly going to fly off the shelf IMHO. They sound nice and probably are, but I think there are going to be more than a few shopper not willing to part with $70 from their wallet.

Marduke

Flashaholic
theres quite a few CREE lanterns than came out using XR-C emitters instead of the familiar XR-E family...I'm not sure why the bias in selection but hey...still better than what they used to use in it right?

Yeah, but using the equivalent to a P2 bin XR-E???

The only other explanation is the lumen figures are torch lumens, not emitter. That would put them in XR-E Q-bin range.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Wonder who their build-house is?... Nuwai perhaps? Whoever it is, may offer different brands with (perhaps) better emitters and lower MSRP. A lot of that $70 goes into brand-name recognition for the Dewalt name and the warranty service offered.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't be XR-C, all first four exceed the max spec'ed current for it. Probably a low bin XR-E, given 900ma produces 131 lumen.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
They appear to be XR-C based, not XR-E. What were they thinking.... :shrug: :thinking:

Let me guess...they WEREN'T thinking.

Bet you anything none of the designers ever set foot in here..

Kinda ugly too if you ask me

GPB

Enlightened
If Mag can get $40 bucks for their 3DLED, Dewalt will sell these pretty well. They'll keep the price up there for a while but they'll come down a bit in a short after they sell all they can at full price......or maybe they'll put out a Black and Decker version at a little lower price.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
man i was kinda excited to see these, im looking for a good beater flashlight, but 43-70 dollars depending on model...is kinda high in price.

they do look kinda funny in desgin, but atleast their not super bright yellow like the rest of their tools lol

did any body notice the catalog number:1AAT

i wonder if the T stands for tactical, from the picture u can see a pocket clip and maybe a tail switch? LOLLLL

but i do like the 3D version....maybe there will be a company with a cheaper version....i hope...

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont know if i would like to pay that much, wife would not have it at all, especially when you can get something better for that price.

MojoLight

Newly Enlightened
I have quite a few friends in the construction trade and mag seems to be the standard. So, for most of these folks, the new dewalts will be the brightest lights they have ever seen.

If Dewalt does any kind of comparison with mags at their "booths" in front of home improvement stores, they may do well with them.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
And your right about that one of course......especially when they dont have something to compare it too......but its got to be rugged.....wonder if i throw it up in the air and let it hit the concrete would it still work.:thinking:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I just got my JetBeam III Pro IBS today and there's no way I'm buying one of those or a mag for that matter :)

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a chance to play with a number of these lights at Brightguy.com. He is just starting to receive all models. They are very nice. The knurling is great. The 3C version really took me. Fairly bright also. I will definitely be getting the 3C version of this light. The D version just seemed to big to me. I also liked the double A version but it was also kinda long because of the mid body switch. These are definitely worth checking out.

Bill

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fugly lights and too much money, especially with NO warranty.

How come they don't list the lumens ratings rather than the amps? On the chart I mean

Last edited: