A Real Blast From The Past: County Comm Inova X5T milspec!

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a blast to share and discuss the latest and greatest. For a change, here's an oldie but a goody: County Comm Inova X5T "milspec"

I've got a passion for rugged, dependable, and rare lights. This one meets all of those criteria.

I had one a few years ago. It traveled the world with me. It was one of those lights I could always count on. Rugged as Hell. Long, long runtimes. A nice floody beam to walk home by, or check out that little dark corner in the catacombs of an ancient cathedral.

I understand it was a special run of Inova X5s. They are clad in milspec HA natural anodize. They are sterile- no Inova markings visible anywhere (not even the rubber tailcap boot). The bezel was also anodized in milspec HA natural- compare it to the shiny stainless steel bezels on stock X5s. It also has additional threads on the tailcap.

I was lucky enough to score this one. I've been looking for a long, long time for another. Why?

- Rugged as Hell- the X5 is a great little light
- milspec HA anodize- again, rugged as Hell
- Anodized bezel- reminds me of a WWII era jeep
- Long, long runtimes (something like 6.5 hours to 50% output!)
- Sucks used cells dry- got a cell that Fenix/HDS/SureFire won't drain? This one will!
- Twisty lockout tailcap with momentary "press" on
- Plus it really is "tacticool" :)

I'll use it when camping and sometimes on night hikes and walks. The LEDs are not cutting edge by any comparision... and blue... but the floody pattern is great with no hotspot. It is great for up-close work too.

I'm happy to have found an old friend. If you ever get the chance, and could use a really rugged, reliable light, pick one up. Especially the milspec version, as it is truly something special.

Side shot of milspec HA natural anodize:

Shot of the tailcap and extra threads:

The anodized bezel:

The sterile tailcap- note no markings:

Shot of the great machining/knurling on the tailcap (sorry for the dust :( ):

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
there have been a few on MP...:grin2:

was sorely tempted, but then, i already have a X5

Crenshaw

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow- I don't know how I've missed them. I think I've seen two exchange hands in the MarketPlace in the past two years.:thinking: Last one was early this June, I believe.

But I probably missed a few!

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe ive seen 3 in the past few months?....one with some kind of inova case? :shrug:

i think they look fantastic, but i have to constantly remind myself to only buy stuff i intend to use...unless its an ARC...lol :D

Crenshaw

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is really an interesting light. I never liked that type of tail switch but I like that light very much. It is so well thought out and executed. It is truly a pet for the hands. High quality build. Thanks for the pics.
I believe ive seen 3 in the past few months?....one with some kind of inova case?...
Mine came in a black plastic case. Nice touch.

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe ive seen 3 in the past few months?....one with some kind of inova case? :shrug:

i think they look fantastic, but i have to constantly remind myself to only buy stuff i intend to use...unless its an ARC...lol :D

Crenshaw
The are coming out of the woodwork!!! EEEEK! :thumbsup:

Yep, I'm like you and use what I buy, and I'll be using this old timer again.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is really an interesting light. I never liked that type of tail switch but I like that light very much. It is so well thought out and executed. It is truly a pet for the hands. High quality build. Thanks for the pics.Mine came in a black plastic case. Nice touch.
Thanks for all the kind words.

It did come in a black plastic sleeve.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, lets say i "usually' buy to use....My Shelf queens are only my LS and my longbow...both of which are exceedingly rare these days.

Crenshaw

TOTC

Newly Enlightened
I always wanted one of these but in the red LED format. I don't think they ever made them like that though, did they?

I don't personally have much use for a white X5, no matter how cool the body is, but I hold red X5's on a high pedestal. One with this kind of anodizing/build quality would be awesome.

In any regard, thanks for the pics!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah that's a sweet little light.
I've been hoping that Inova would upgrade the LEDs on the X5 as they haven't really done anything new to them since Nichia CS came out.

I'm sure a hundred or more of us here on CPF would buy a new milspec X5. :devil:

One2gofst

Newly Enlightened
Ah that's a sweet little light.
I've been hoping that Inova would upgrade the LEDs on the X5 as they haven't really done anything new to them since Nichia CS came out.

I'm sure a hundred or more of us here on CPF would buy a new milspec X5. :devil:

I have one of these. While I. Like the anodizing and design very much, I find the pressure switch does not make as good of contact as the regular versions, causing the LEDs to flicker. I use it as a twisty.

greenLED

Flashaholic
That was my second "good" light. I bought it specifically to use the "used" batts from my Peli M6. Turns out I never used it that much, and it's been sitting in my collection bag (inside that cool plastic tube) for the longest time. It might still have a pair of oooooold Battery Station cells in it.

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
BEAUTIFUL Photos. Thank You for taking the time to post them- and for showing me another great light I must have to make my life complete! I thought two of the newest version x5's would do it, but now that I have seen this, well........

Latest posts