Is Deoxit conductive/will it short & drain batt. between close contact points ?

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:caution:..... I'm wondering since we all use it on our lights - as of recently. (growing popularity)

Lets say .... we use it in the head of our light , on the pos.+ terminal and on the neg.- contact ring. (such as a Nitecore PD-EX/D10) A drop spreads out !

If we get too much on there and create a liquid film on the circuit board between the electronics/pos.+ terminal/and the neg.- contact ring ....... would that film cause enough conductivity between + and - points ..... that it would slowly drain the battery ~ or cause UI function failures ??

I use Deoxit cleaner in tube(not spray) from FenixStore. The cleaner is 30% clean solution. Deoxit GOLD is only 2% clean solution.

I'm wondering ... after using the 30% cleaning solution ........ is there really any need to apply the other Deoxit GOLD with only 2% clean solution ?

What is in the GOLD 2% .... that is not in the cleaner 30% ? When I read the ingredients in the advertising , I don't see any diff. between the two.

Can anyone REALLY tell me why just using the 30% cleaner solution - is not enough ?
And the original question - is it conductive across conacts of PCB ?

Now please supply your knowledge .........

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is Deoxit conductive/will it short & drain batt. between close contact points ?

I have been told it is not conductive. Also if you don't know the answer to this, why are you giving Deoxit a thumbs down? Using that emoticon in the title makes it look like you don't like the product for some reason, when all you are doing is asking a question about it.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is Deoxit conductive/will it short & drain batt. between close contact points ?

:tinfoil:.. Wade ... Sorry , I didn't catch that OR intend it that way. I changed it .

I honestly thought that emoticon was a Question mark.(so I used it)

I use the stuff - didn't intend to berate it.

Do you use 30% and then 2% ?
How long should it be left on B-4 you wipe it off ?

Last edited: