Zebralight h50 q5 problem

PayBack

Enlightened
Hi,

I know someone else has posted a problem with an H50 they've had for a while but I just gone mine and it goes when it feels like it. I put a brand new energizer battery in it, and nothing. So I go to take the battery out and see a flicker of light. It turns out SOMETIMES the light will come on if I start to twist the tube, or if I flick it with my finger or tap in on the desk. I sispect something is loose but not where I can get to it?

I got it from fenix-store but live in New Zealand so would rather not have to ship it back and forth.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,

PB.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
had a similar problem w/a H30-Q5. it tooks at least four cell changes before whatever was causing the poor electrical connection to be resolved. you can speed this up by repeatedly cycling the light ON and OFF many, many times.

i thought i might have read in another Thread that some thought that the finish got to where it wasn't supposed to be and was acting as an insulator of sorts (but, perhaps i'm thinking of another Thread). certainly, in my H30's case, that seemed to be the problem.

at least you know that your electronics are [somewhat] sound, at the very least. clearly, there is an intermittent connection in your light.

so, cycle away, and i hope it solves your light's problem.

nzbazza

Enlightened
Trying cleaning the area around the spring in the cap and the bare metal on the end of the body tube with meths. Worked for me. YMMV.

Good to see another Kiwi on this forum.:wave: even though you've been here longer than me!

Last edited:

PayBack

Enlightened
Thanks guys. Before posting I tried cleaning it with a clean hanky but I'll give meths a go.

Hi nzbazza, Brozneo is a Kiwi too :D Oh and for you Americans, a Kiwi is not a fruit, Kiwifruit is what the fruit's called and us Kiwis gave it that name so we should know. :nana:

DM51

Flashaholic
It sounds as if a bit of Deoxit might cure this problem.

There is a thread about it here, and you can get it from the FenixStore - same place you got your light.

PayBack

Enlightened
My concern is if I bridge the game from the bottom of the battery to the exposed metal on the body, I get no light, so that would suggest it's not the cap that's the problem?

I might get some of that stuff though, it's not like I don't have plenty of lights to try it on.

Last edited:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Deoxit both ends use a Q tip for the batt +,in fareness to zebralight I have not needed to do anything with mine,it works dry..no lubricant or deoxit...wow I've won the lottery :nana:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Deoxit both ends use a Q tip for the batt +,in fareness to zebralight I have not needed to do anything with mine,it works dry..no lubricant or deoxit...wow I've won the lottery :nana:

That is one reason why I have not gotten a Zebra Light. I tell myself it is due to the new models that are expected. But really it is reports of breakdowns etc. I am not looking to enter a lottery when buying something as important as a headlamp. If a flashlight goes down it is no big deal. But the Headlamp is used in the woods. Sure I carry a backup flashlight but still.....