Question on PT Surge

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Dose any one know the run time on PT Surge with fresh battery, and how bright is it compare to surefire or other high presure xeon gas flashlight.
confused.gif
grin.gif

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
LemonKid...Welcome aboard! It has been my experience as a PROUD Surge owner that you should have no trouble getting the manufacturer's stated 3-5 hours run time on a fresh set of alkaline batteries. I can't say if that will vary if you use rechargeable batteries, but I'm sure some of our fellow CPFers can shed some light in regards to other types of batteries. A word of caution...DON'T use lithium AA's because they WILL burn the bulb out!
As far as how a Surge "lights up" against other xenon flashlights such as SureFire and others, IMO the Surge is right up there with them in terms of beam quality and intensity. If you're looking for "bang for your buck", at 22 to 27 bucks depending on where you buy it from, the Surge is hard to beat. A lot of folks on this forum will tell you the same. Keep in mind that a Surge is a different type of light than a Surefire...it's meant to be a dive/utility type light, and SureFire's are designed to be "tactical" lights. Both are GREAT at what they "do"...Another good bang for your buck light is the Brinkmann Legend LX. You'll hear it mentioned a lot around here, also. If you have trouble making up your mind, just do what the rest of us do...BUY THEM ALL
grin.gif
!!!

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PT Surge is brighter than the 60-65 lumen surefires (E2, 6P etc.). The beam profile is a little wider than a surefire but is very useful, especially as a utility light. It is the brightest light you can get for the money, esepecially if you are looking for a light that doesn't use expensive 123A batteries.

I have some beamshots here: PT Surge

D

**DONOTDELETE**

thanks. It look like this is the brightest light I can find with this price.
The lowest price I can find is $20.95 http://www.botachtactical.com/printecsur.html
I have light cannon and a 3c responder. The bad thing is I blew my HID blub a week ago
tongue.gif
. Anyone know where I can get a blub with cheaper price. $80 seems too...
Also can I replace a high voltage blub on my 3c responder. the current volt is 3.6

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lemonkid,

- do a search first on Botach here or on other forums (BF or such) befor buying there - the troubles might not be worth the bucks saved.

- Do a search also on the HID bulb for the LC - this issue came up here before and I think I saw it mentioned to be available cheaper but don´t remember the details

- You need to look for a bulb with higher current draw and/or better chemistry (Krypton, Halogen, Xenon) than your current one which might be around 750ma for higher output- you need to stay in the same voltage range as this is the voltage your 3C cells do supply and unless you change the number of cells the voltage will stay the same.

Klaus

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
TTS has a good price for the Surge & the HID bulb. William's also a good guy to deal with. TX

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LemondKid:
The bad thing is I blew my HID blub a week ago<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LemondKid, how did you blow the bulb? Did you drop it or it just blew inmaturely? I am considering getting a LC100. Your information will be very helpful.

TIA.

Alan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

thanks
grin.gif

I just bought the bulb at bright guy for 75 buck with shipping. I know it is not a very great deal, but anyway I need it on hiking at night.
LemondKid, how did you blow the bulb?
Actually, I dropped it when I replace the battery, so the whole thing crash in the ground.
shocked.gif

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PJD:
LemonKid......BUY THEM ALL
grin.gif
!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best summary I've seen for a while...
grin.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PJD:
LemonKid...Welcome aboard! It has been my experience as a PROUD Surge owner that you should have no trouble getting the manufacturer's stated 3-5 hours run time on a fresh set of alkaline batteries. I can't say if that will vary if you use rechargeable batteries, but I'm sure some of our fellow CPFers can shed some light in regards to other types of batteries...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've consistently measured 2:55 for Surge with Powerex 1800mah NiMHs. I think their 3-5 hour rutime on alkaline is probably reasonable, although I haven't tested it.