Streamlight 3AA Luxeon uses Reflector, not Optics

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just confirmed this with Greg at brightguy.com.

The Streamlight Luxeon 3AA tasklight with the Luxeon Star DOES NOT use any optics, but a reflector.

STR51016.jpg

Wonder if it will be like a McFlood, or superior to the NX-05 optics! Greg did say "Man, was that sucker bright!" Or something similar to that effect.

If the picture is accurate, you can actually see the LED.

Oh, I should add, that Greg said that the Streamlight rep said, that these new lights were NOT MANUFACTURED by Nuwai.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
That IS interesting. I have ordered all the Task-Lights except the two "D" version. Can't wait.

That reflector looks like it is deeper than anything I have seen before.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like a HD, since it doesn't have that extra yellow ring. A deep reflector should capture most of the side spill and throw it forward, but I wonder how much throw it will have.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
From memory of my conversation, Greg said that the Streamlight 3AA LS was much brighter and whiter than the CMG Reactor. I do not remember if he was talking about the original reactor, or the reactor 3.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be a good car light. I wonder if it could handle three lithiums?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
luxeons have a wide range...35lumens is in the q, which is 30.6 - 39.8 i believe...

i wonder if that is an accurate rating? is streamlight purchasing only q luxeons?!?!

i would be a little surprised if it didn't have at least some resistance...

the reflector is a big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif, i hate optics...

the new kl's and the arc ls4 will have reflectors also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif