Arc AAA GS operation problem

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,
My Arc AAA GS just came in the mail yesterday, and first i must say the quality is excellent. The HA-III is gorgeous, absolutely no imperfections, nicks, or scratches at all. The LED is perfectly centered, well sunk, and bright! The tint is a nice warm yellowish white. Also, the O-ring is nowhere near visible when i turn off the light. But i have one problem, the operation is very stiff! When i opened the package i noticed the O-ring was bone dry. Just turning it would make the O-ring lose strips of rubber. So i greased it up with cork grease that is used on saxophones (This grease worked flawlessly on my previous Arc AAA). But even with this grease on it, the operation is so tight that it just scrapes it right off the O-ring. What should i do?

Edit: Also i noticed that the O-ring doesn't move when i turn the head, so it's scraping itself on the inside, which i can't exactly lube.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Did you receive extra O rings. If so try a different one out. Could be the O ring is too fat. Did you inspect the battery tube? My DS is smooth one handed operation. Remove the O ring and check the O ring grove.

Bill

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Hmm what's a good way to remove the O-ring without damaging it? A flat head screwdriver?

*Edit*: Nope, didn't get extra O-rings

cy

Flashaholic
find a thinner Oring... a dental pick works great.

you probably got a thick one mixed in by mistake

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Okay after a few days of use the operation has smoothed up quite a bit!

Tranx

Newly Enlightened
Last week I received my first ARC AAA GS.
This is my first "CPF-light".

First I would like to say this is a real gem.
Led perfectly centered and recessed,
perfect natural anondising.
The right amount of light for my uses.
I'm perfectly happy.:twothumbs
Communication with ARC (maria) was a little slow the first time,
but was very positive and helpfull.
I would recommend ARC AAA to anyone.
The problems with the quality seem to be totally solved.
This will be the light that's with me at all times.

Mine is a little stiff too. It didn't bother me yet.
I can just turn it on and off with one hand.
I didn't lube it yet, but I will.
Happy to know it will loosen up.

Greetings,
Vince

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take the o-ring off using a wooden toothpick then put it on a #2 pencil or similarly sized rod. Get some fine grained sandpaper and sand down the OD of the o-ring till you get it where you want it. It's time consuming but it works.

-LT

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had this issue too. I heard sometimes there is a bit of excess material on the o-ring that needs to be worn off, then it will be fine. Not sure why they come like that, but it seems to be the case.