Decent LED flashlight to mount on bicycle handlebars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

grndslm

Newly Enlightened
Title says it all.

I'm a fan of Coast LED flashlights, so I'm thinking of getting their new P7 (8407) flashlight and mounting it to my handlebars with 2 ring clamps.

If you haven't seen the P7's specs, I've copied them from a seller...
Includes: Sheath, Nylon Lanyard, Lightweight Carbineer, (4) fresh Coast AAA batteries, paperwork, and a Coast Lifetime Guarantee.

167 Lumens at 4.5 watts. 130 hour burntime.
5.25"-5.5" long x 1.170" (30mm) diameter body x 1.48" (37mm) diameter bezel. Standard tactical permenent-momentary push button.
3-step Quick-Cycle function - max - low - max at the tailcap button.
Forget twisting, has one-handed
Speed-Focus achived by pushing on the bezel.
Same "specs" as T7 (HP8420), but this P7 (HP8407) has square knurling on the body.

Soo... is there anything better than that for $100? I'm not counting on it, but I *am* trying to find something with a wider beam. These Coast lights have the bare minimum beam width I need for riding a bicycle.... but if you guys know of something with a wider beam that is comparable to this light, please lemme know!!

Thanks!

Dodge

Newly Enlightened
How long do you give this thread then? We've mentioned bicycles AND suggested some useful products. I'm sure someone will be along in a moment to tidy it away into some disused area of the forums.

DM51

Flashaholic
You have posted the same thread in the Bicycle section, so I'm closing this copy. Cross-posting like this is not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.