Here's an idea - making Atwood style flashlight clips?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been inspired reading about McGizmo's lights and all the innovations he's come up with.

While doing so, an inspiration came to me. On EDCforums Atwood tools are very popular. In case you don't know what Atwood tools are, they are simple single piece metallic tools that provide multiple functions, like screw driver, bottle opener, wrench, etc.

I was thinking what if someone made Atwood like flashlight clips, that in a bind, could be used as a small blade, screw driver, bottle opener, etc?

For example, the NiteCore D10 / EX10 is crying out for a clip. Rather than just adding a clip, how about a cleverly designed clip that provides other uses, and still maintains its primary use as a clip without wearing out pockets, etc?

With the amazing amount of intellectual power in the flashlight industry, surely someone could come up with such an idea, no?

I'm thinking there must be a good market to sell into, making such clips for SureFire lights, NiteCore lights, other lights that use clips, etc...

:whistle::whistle:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
that seems like a great idea. it could be very difficult but with the combined brain power of CPF i KNOW we can figure something out.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
great idea, start brainstorming!

some "requirements" or thoughts:

- you wouldnt want to make the clip much more bulkier than normal.
- you wouldnt want to add protrusions that will cause it to get hung up when removing/unclipping the light from your pocket or whatever.

you noted a few of the functions it could have, what else is there?

- small knife
- flat, philips or torx screwdrivers
- bottle opener
- prying tool
- O2 and other gas wrenches

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cutouts that allow the clip to open bottles and serve as a simple wrench (gas tanks, hex nuts, etc) are probably the most doable. Making the clip double as a prybar would be cool but more difficult.