LiteFlux LF5XT Manual - Simplified!

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job there clintb!

One thing you might add to your simplified manual, when you change something in the "Function Mode" (4xC+PH), when you exit the actual "Function Mode" itself, you want to "3xC" rather than "3xC+PH", otherwise, you end up back in the function you were originally trying to change.

Dave

Edited to make more clear ...... maybe. :)

Last edited:

clintb

Enlightened
Nice job there clintb!

One thing you might add to your simplified manual, when you change something in the "Function Mode", when you exit the actual "Function Mode" itself (4xC+PH), you want to "3xC" rather than "3xC+PH", otherwise, you end up back in the function you were originally trying to change.

Dave
Thanks everyone! My ultimate goal is to have something a bit more like the LF2 manual, which is more of a state diagram. I figured this is a good start since the original LF5XT manual is a bit scattered.

Dave,

I thought I had it covered, but if you could point out where you think the 3xC should go, I'd be appreciative.

Note: I rearranged a tiny bit.

If anyone has a suggestion on a better description for "Number of Modes", please let me know. That description just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

Code:
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]Function mode:[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]from on, [/SIZE][SIZE=1][B]4xC + PH[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=1] to enter[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]settings always start from first[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]1. momentary: 1 x flash, 2 second blank[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]2. over-discharge protection: 2 x flash, 2 second blank[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]3. number of modes: 3 x flash, 2 second blank (see "number of modes" below)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]4. reset: 4 x flash, 2 second blank ([/SIZE][SIZE=1][B]3xC + PH[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=1] enters and resets)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]5. memory: 5 x flash, 2 second blank[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]Base function mode navigation:[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]1xC[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=1] = next mode[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]2xC[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=1] = previous mode[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]3xC[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=1] = exit without saving[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]3xC + PH[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=1] = enter mode[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]Within each function mode, navigation is as follows:[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]1xC[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=1] = toggle function. on = 2 Hz flash, off = 1 Hz flash[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]3xC[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=1] = exit without saving[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]3xC + PH[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=1] = save and exit[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]Number of modes:[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]1xC[/B] = mode # increase[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]2xC[/B] = mode # decrease[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]3xC[/B] = exit without saving[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B]3xC + PH[/B] = save and exit[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Mode 1 = 1 x flash, 1 second blank[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Mode 2 = 2 x flash, 1 second blank [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Mode 3 = 3 x flash, 1 second blank[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Mode 4 = 4 x flash, 1 second blank[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Mode 5 = 5 x flash, 1 second blank[/SIZE][/FONT]

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps, "Selecting number of user modes". Mention that 5 is the maximum number of user modes, while 1 is the minimum. 1xC increases the current amount of user modes by one. 2xC decreases the current amount of user modes by one.

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
clintb,

My original post is not very clear. I'll have to edit it. :)

What I was referring to is, for example, you want to change your LF5 XT from a 5 mode light to a 3 mode light.

You turn it on (to any mode), do a 4xC+PH. You are now in "Function Mode". The light is flashing once every 2 seconds, indicating you are at the point where you can enter the setting program for "Momentary". Since we're wanting to change the number of modes, we want to skip this and go to the "Number of Modes" setting program.

To do this, we simply click twice (waiting more than 0.4 sec between the 2 clicks), and now the LF5 XT will be flashing 3 times every 2 seconds. This is the indication we are ready to enter the "Number of Modes" setting.

To do this, do 3xC+PH. Now the light will be flashing a number of times, the number indicating how many modes the light is presently set up for. Let's say it's flashing 5 times every 2 seconds. This indicates the light is presently set to 5 modes available. We want to change that to three modes so, we do 2xC (Decrease the number of modes) twice, waiting more than 0.4 second between the two 2xC's. Once this is done, the light will be flashing 3 times every 2 seconds. This indicates that the light is now set to have 3 modes available.

To "Save" this instruction, do 3xC+PH. The instruction is now saved, and the light is now flashing 3 times every 2 seconds.

This is where it got a bit confusing
, to me anyway. The three flashes every 2 seconds is now indicating that the light is back to where you can access the "Number of Modes" setting (You are back in "Function Mode"), NOT that there are 3 modes available. :)

To Exit "Function Mode", we need to do 3xC. If you try doing 3xC+PH to exit, you will just re-enter the "Number of Modes" setting program, and be back where you were a minute ago! Unless I'm missing something, this is the only way to exit "Function Mode" at this point.

Hope this helps. Don't get too carried away with the manual, unless you're prepared to do some real work. I know a bit about it, because I wrote the PDF manual for the Extreme III!

Dave

Doug

Enlightened
Great, I am stuck in momentary mode again... how do I exit? I must have exited by luck last time :)

Ok, once again I got out of momentary, but I do not know how I did it! DOH!

Rossymeister

Enlightened
:thanks: for taking your time in creating this revised manual.

It will really help me when i receive my Liteflux LF5XT.

Regards

-Aaron

Last edited:

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great, I am stuck in momentary mode again... how do I exit? I must have exited by luck last time :)

Ok, once again I got out of momentary, but I do not know how I did it! DOH!

Doug, once you have momentary set where you want it, 3xC+PH to save it, then 3xC to exit Function Mode.

Dave

Doug

Enlightened
Yes, but once you are in momentary mode, it does not seem to respond to multiple clicks any more....

Or does it.... maybe.... I think I see... momentary... it turns off when you HOLD the button down... if you just click fast it stays on... but I am sure I tried that and it would not stay on... ok, confused.... but the manual helped with all my other programming, now I have 1> 100%, 2> 50%?, 3> 1% (I assume as it's the lowest it will go!), 4> 1 flash/sec, lowest brightness, my "find the light in the dark" mode... and changed it to only be a 4 mode light :)

I think the part that confused me the most was that you have to enter the sub mode, to edit... so, into the function menu with 4c+PH, go to the mode you want to edit, THEN hit 3c+PH to change it.... Then you have to back out two steps ....

Doug, once you have momentary set where you want it, 3xC+PH to save it, then 3xC to exit Function Mode.

Dave

Last edited:

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, but once you are in momentary mode, it does not seem to respond to multiple clicks any more....

Humm, mine works OK. Are you clicking fast enough for sure?

Dave

Edit: Read your edited post. Sounds like you got it! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Doug

Enlightened
Not sure :)....

Hey, neat effect... face your LF5XT with the beacon at the lowest brightness, and freq, and face it into your Novatac in locator mode.... it's light lightning flashing :)

Humm, mine works OK. Are you clicking fast enough for sure?

Dave

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, neat effect... face your LF5XT with the beacon at the lowest brightness, and freq, and face it into your Novatac in locator mode.... it's light lightning flashing :)

Doug .................... eh, nevermind! :crackup:

Dave

Doug

Enlightened
Really, the light reflects into each others reflector (holding the front of the lights at an angle of course).... they flesh out of time, then just after each other sometimes.... ok, I guess you need a video, I think it's a cool effect :) haha