NiteCore Extreme, non-crenelated HA?

Will you buy a NiteCore Extreme with a NC/HA bezel?

• Total voters

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens says that if 100 people say they want it, he will place the order. I don't want any crenelations on my NiteCore Extreme, but the stainless steel bezel is going to look out of place on the host I intend to use (Mirage Man's 18650 split body).

So, can I find 99 other people who want their NiteCore Extreme with a non-crenelated but hard anodized bezel?

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2179521&postcount=24

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I probably won't be buying one, but I may very well have, if it didn't originally have a crenelated bezel. :)

Dave

Daark

Banned
I don't want any crenelations on my NiteCore Extreme, because it's looks to cheap. :shakehead

Zenster

Enlightened
I find it funny that 4sevens voted.

I didn't notice that at first, but yea, it's totally funny. :crackup:
It's like a guy voting in a poll where people are asked if they think his own life should be made a little more difficult.
In a poll like that, I think I'd probably vote "no" as well. ;)

I vote no. Three models with minor variations is enough for the poor guy (4x7's) to handle.
My main choice was between a crenalated or not (I wanted not), and I actually like the stainless smooth bezel on the black body. Even if a black smooth bezel had been available, I'd still have chosen the stainless smooth.
Should be here next week...

Sorry, can't help you. :eek:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If a NC HAIII bezel was made that would be 4 different choices for this one light. Personally it would be my last choice to have out of the 4. Sorry but I don't think it's going to be most people's first choice. Good luck though in getting the 100 people.

alibaba

Enlightened
I hate crenelated bezels, there I said it. On the (HUGELY) off chance that I have to hit someone with my flashlight I guess I'll just hope for the best with my smoothie! :faint:

For real tho, it is obviously just an asthetic touch for the cop/soldier wannabe's and aside from letting you know if your light is on while bezel down on a smooth surface or hitting people is good for nothing but ripping up all your pants! I'd rather take my chances on the first 2 and save my pockets OK? The rest of the Extreme looks, IMO, to be just that..................too extreme. It's all sharp edges and tacticool features that are sure to rip up clothing and catch on everything when you try to get it out of your pocket.................................

EDIT: I've already read the story of the guy who used his SF w/crenelated bezel to drag himself out of a hole in the ice so please don't add that to the list of uses :D

Last edited:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
My main choice was between a crenalated or not (I wanted not), and I actually like the stainless smooth bezel on the black body. Even if a black smooth bezel had been available, I'd still have chosen the stainless smooth.
Should be here next week...

Where does it say these are black hard anodized? I know they look really dark in every photo I've seen, but I was pretty confident they are hard anodized natural.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I didn't already have one, I would have signed up because I do NOT like crenelated bezels

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
If a NC HAIII bezel was made that would be 4 different choices for this one light. Personally it would be my last choice to have out of the 4. Sorry but I don't think it's going to be most people's first choice. Good luck though in getting the 100 people.

Ditto, SS smooth is soo nice.. Not sure how stainless could look out of place anywhere...

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ups, wrong vote. I'm would be interested in one. But at the moment I need the money for another flashlight project :huh:.

rayman

pipspeak

Enlightened
How about a scalloped bezel for the D10? IMO *real* crenelated bezels are kinda silly on single-cell lights... even if you do hit someone the light's so small and smooth it'll be tough to grip it hard enough to make a real impact. Scalloped bezels are a little more useful if you tend to headstand the light.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I'm not a NiteCore guy, hence no vote, but this brings up an issue I've always wondered about bezeled lights - why not just sell the bezels by themselves? The bezel just screws on and off, no? I think it'd be far more profitable to sell the light with a basic bezel, then let everyone pick and choose separate extra/spare bezels. Knowing CPF folk, most of these guys would buy at least two or three bezels just for variety, then there's the guys who buy a dozen for modding, etc..

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about one in Ti? :eek:oo::duh2::D

that looks like this
bezelpicrp6.jpg

Will the ones like this that fit the HDS, PD, and Aleph 2 fit the Nitecore Extreme?

Last edited: