E1B Head Good Idea on 2-Cell Body?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered--I went through several long "Backup" threads and did not find an answer.

Can/Should the Backup's head be used on a two-cell body? I tried it briefly on one, and it seemed two levels of brightness, but each level initially came on higher, and then dimmed 10% or so immediately.

Any issues with this use? Long term? Thanks......Jeff.

alibaba

Enlightened
I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered--I went through several long "Backup" threads and did not find an answer.
Can/Should the Backup's head be used on a two-cell body? I tried it briefly on one, and it seemed two levels of brightness, but each level initially came on higher, and then dimmed 10% or so immediately.
Any issues with this use? Long term? Thanks......Jeff.

I'm no expert but I'd say a huge NO! I don't even think that the E1B is recommended for use on 3.6-4.2V Li-Ion cells let alone 6V (or are you talking about a larger 3.6-4.2V cell?). If you want more output then get something different, maybe an E2DL?

precisionworks

Flashaholic
As the others posted, the E1B head is a 3v design.

that's what the E2DL head is for
That, or the KX2, both are 6v heads.

You can screw the E1B head to a E1L body, which looks awful but provides the grippy knurling instead of the slick body. You can also mount the E1B on a McGizmo Ti Pak, which gives you a Ti body, McClickie switch, and the best clip available anywhere.

AlephMcClickie.jpg