• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Some M@g led questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question one: If you put a standard m*g dropin led into a 3 cell mag, and one into a 6 cell mag (both are standard 3 watt dropins) will the 6 cell be brighter than the 3 cell?

Question two: What is the best,and brightes drop in led I can get for m*g (by drop in I mean just replace the bulb with it)

While I would prefer to go with the above, if I cant get what I need from this I am prepared to go another direction.

Question three: Suggestions on getting this result> A m*g with either 1, 2, or 3 leds. At least 400 lumen. A minimum of 1.5 hours run time ( I prefer nimh, but if needed I can go li-ion) and this light MUST THROW! My budget for this light would only be about 100$ max so any help is appriciated, also if you have liks for part sources that is great.

As always Thanks in advance for all your support cpfers.:)

UPDATED: Ok guys thanks for all the info. I have decided what to do but I still need your assistance. Help me build this light.

I will cut down and rethread a m*g to a 1 D size so it will run on one protected li-ion cell. Emitter will be p7 heat sinked.

Question one: Do I have to use a driver board with this?

Question two: Will the KD aluminum reflector (camless) that I have work for this?

Question three: Where can I get a p7 emitter, and the heat sink for mag D cell?

Question four: If anyone has done this or similar is there anything I need to know about installing theese parts that will be a problem?

Last edited:

84Maroon

Banned
This area is for Buying/Selling/Trading, I think you will have better luck up in the Incan or LED sections...

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mag LED module isn't a multiple voltage sort of thing. They make a module for 2 Cells, a module for 3 Cells, a module for 4 Cells. They do not make a module for 6 cells.

Which kind of sucks, cause 6D would be perfect for a 2 D lithium ion cell. Lots of power in a small package. :candle:

Status
Not open for further replies.