Recent Surefire Online Survey

da.gee

Enlightened
Anyone else get the email link for a survey recently from Surefire? Showed a bunch of ads asking whether you'd seen them anywhere and what the message was in each ad. Also which magazines you read and how often. Nothing about CPF or online forums. No reward or anything. Damn.

Just curious.

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah i got one for my surefire E1B about two days ago, yeah i was a hoping for a reward too!!!

da.gee

Enlightened
Survey was definitely "old skool". Design of their lights is much more appealing than their survey look and feel.

I really thought we'd get something at the end. Anything. Not even sure they said thank you. Just done after the last question.

Mercaptan

Enlightened
I would say 3/4ths of their 'adverts' were downright tacky or awful. I let them know that. I was hoping there would be some reward as well (at least maybe there will be better marketing?).

Oh well.

DM51

Flashaholic
It would be interesting to know how they selected people to survey. Maybe it went to those who have bought direct from the SF website, rather than just registered there?

They'd better not send it to Size15s - all the data he could give them would cause overload and crash the site, lol.

Size15's

Flashaholic
It would be interesting to know how they selected people to survey. Maybe it went to those who have bought direct from the SF website, rather than just registered there?

They'd better not send it to Size15s - all the data he could give them would cause overload and crash the site, lol.
You're forgetting the ocean - no use asking me about advertising in the USA - I don't even pay attention to advertising here in the UK! Between Sky+ and Focus my exposure to adverts is rather minimal. I even go into the cinema late so I don't have to sit through the ads. (what I mean is that if the movie start time is 15:00 we know that there'll be 10-15 minutes of adverts and 10 minutes of trailers. If you go in at 15:15 the movie won't've started but you'll have missed most of the ads)

Last edited:

TJx

Newly Enlightened
I got one though I never bought or registered on the website.
(registered all my SF's)

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're forgetting the ocean - no use asking me about advertising in the USA - I don't even pay attention to advertising here in the UK! Between Sky+ and Focus my exposure to adverts is rather minimal. I even go into the cinema late so I don't have to sit through the ads.

Well I think england and europe have different views of adverts than the US. I havent seen a movie in england, although I did go to the west end, with my brother, to watch Weber's Phantom of the Opera.

I did see LOR: Two Towers in Mons, Belgium with my brother (it might not have been Mons as his friend was driving, but it was Belgium) and we sat thru literally 45 mins of adverts. Here in the US it depends ont he theater. Of course the larger chains have their own local adverts along with promotion of TV drama series and so on. But the theater in Belgium had 45 mins of what I would consider normal television commercials.

I remember distinctly an odd PS2 commercial. a guy driving thru a forest road. repetetive shot/reverse shot between the driver and a deer in the middle of the road. as the car neared hitting the deer, the car crashed into an invisible barrier. and the deer was ok. then the commercial ended with the PS2 logo. WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH PS2? no where in that ad wasa PS2 machine even in frame of any shot!!!!

anyway my whole point is that even though you go to the cinema late to avoid adverts, here in the US, and im generalizing with the larger franchises, it doesnt matter how late you watch a movie you will still see adverts.

Oh and to not be off topic, I too answered the survey. It was for my 6PL. I bought it at Lowes hardware, so no to ordering direct thru SF. I was annoyed by the constant selecting of magazines I DONT read. Most of the ads were vague. I wouldnt go as far as to say tacky, but I did like the photography. liek teh 6P light that got shot? I recently saw an advert in a magazine, yesterday. It was the new X300? pistol light. it had a bullet lodged in the side. and it was still on. granted it could have been staged, but rather impressive.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine also. I told them what I thought about their misleading "run times" that they now use. I once thought more of SureFire and told them so. My .02 FWIW

da.gee

Enlightened
The only way they would have got my name is through registration. Pretty sure it was a G2L purchase since the first question on the survey was "do you own this light" under a picture of a G2L.

DonS2346

Newly Enlightened
I got one too. I thought maybe the ads would get better as I went along, no such deal. Lots of old school thinking there. :thumbsdow

greenLED

Flashaholic
Maybe it went to those who have bought direct from the SF website, rather than just registered there?
I haven't bought direct from them, and got the survey. There were a couple of ads I hadn't seen, and then a few others that were outright tacky. Of course I let them know that.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

All of my Surefires were bought at B&M shops. It was mentioned in the survey that I was selected due to having registered my 6P. (Last SF light that I bought). Got that one at a high-end Sporting Goods store in Manhattan.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Paragon Sports by any chance?

Yes.

Out of all the B&M shops in Manhattan that are Authorized Surefire Dealers, Paragon is the only one that doesn't horrible inflate the prices of SF lights. There's no discount. You pay the prices found on Surefire's site.

A bit odd considering that Paragon has a reputation for horribly inflated prices on other items they sell. (Even by Manhattan standards).

I don't want to spread rumor or gossip, so I'm not going to speculate as to why SF lights are not marked up at that store.

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
Yes.

Out of all the B&M shops in Manhattan that are Authorized Surefire Dealers, Paragon is the only one that doesn't horrible inflate the prices of SF lights. There's no discount. You pay the prices found on Surefire's site.

A bit odd considering that Paragon has a reputation for horribly inflated prices on other items they sell. (Even by Manhattan standards).

I don't want to spread rumor or gossip, so I'm not going to speculate as to why SF lights are not marked up at that store.

Hehehee, I actually work there. :crackup::twothumbs