I am looking at a LED light for work.

Which one is brighter?

The mini maglite upgrade bulb - Terralux TLE 5EX upgrade kit

Or the Ultrafire Q5 LED light:

[eBay link removed - DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Don't know about the Ultrafire.Q5 that you've mentioned. But I do have the Terralux.TLE.5EX for the Mini.Maglite. I must say, that I was not impressed with it. Maybe it was just this drop-in for some reason or another. Splotchy(sp?) and hollow yellow in color to mine own eyes.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Provided that the Q5 in the Ultrafire is being driven properly, it will be much brighter than the terralux. As much as 125 lumens difference and will be heat sinked better since there really isn't any heat sinking with the TLE 5EX.

michiganstud

Enlightened
Provided that the Q5 in the Ultrafire is being driven properly, it will be much brighter than the terralux. As much as 125 lumens difference and will be heat sinked better since there really isn't any heat sinking with the TLE 5EX.

By "driven" do you mean battery type?

Patriot

Flashaholic
By "driven" do you mean battery type?

No, I mean that the working current is really 450-600mah as stated. If that figure is accurate then it will be very bright. Much brighter even at 450mah than the terralux.

Even though this light can take 18650's, it will most likely run best off primaries or 2 x RCR123's. The low end operating voltage is 3.6 volts and a 18650 under load will fall to 3.7 quickly, just barely above the lights minimum operating voltage.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Most decent or better LED lights have a driver, or a circuit that drives the LED. This determines how bright the LED is.

Which Ultrafire Q5 is it? Q5 is only a Flux bin(output/efficiency) for the Cree XR-E LED, not a model number.