My Fenix Tk10 led is perfectly centered !! =)

TAIGERSX

Newly Enlightened
So i think the fact that Fenix Tk10 led is perfectly centered or not is just a HIT or MISS. Luckily mine is perfectly centered.
new.jpg

Last edited:

Daark

Banned
So i think the fact that Fenix Tk10 led is perfectly centered or not is just a HIT or MISS. Quality control sucks :thumbsdow:sigh::thumbsdow. Luckily mine is perfectly centered.
new.jpg

Nice Sledge Hammer..:whistle:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
So i think the fact that Fenix Tk10 led is perfectly centered or not is just a HIT or MISS. Quality control sucks :thumbsdow:sigh::thumbsdow. Luckily mine is perfectly centered.

Both of my TK10's are perfectly centered. Quality control sucks? Have you had a bad experience with off centered LED's in TK10's?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
IIRC 4seves said that Fenix places the base of the LED at the center of the board with some king of a machine or tool. According to him or someone else(I read it here somewhere), the domes of some of the Crees aren't perfectly centered and that could be the cause of some of the uncentered LEDs.

I'm glad that you Tk10 has a perfectly centered LED.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your logic doesn't make sense. So you have a tk10 that is fine and you're complaining??

TAIGERSX

Newly Enlightened
Your logic doesn't make sense. So you have a tk10 that is fine and you're complaining??

I'm not complaining. I read many posts about the "off centered" led that seems like Fenix Tk10 common issue. I know it doesn't affect a bit the overall beam quality. Some say it's an hair off center or slightly off center. Not sure why don't they make every single one centered. :thinking:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
One of my favorite 2AA lights has a badly off-center LED. Hell, even the tailcap is off-centered. But when I use it, it works reliably and the beam is fine. I don't use it for white-wall hunting.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

trolling much? no offense, but fenix quality control is pretty good....emitters off by a hair that doesnt affect beam quality isnt a reason to bash the quality control dept. Please be objective in your assesments of lights.

Crenshaw

TAIGERSX

Newly Enlightened
trolling much? no offense, but fenix quality control is pretty good....emitters off by a hair that doesnt affect beam quality isnt a reason to bash the quality control dept. Please be objective in your assesments of lights.

Crenshaw

Deeply apologize. :oops:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
:) people make mistakes...welcome to cpf! :)

i guess,just bear in mind that those smilies you used have VERY negative connotation when used....because we hardly use them to refer to lights unless they really are very bad.

Crenshaw

PayBack

Enlightened
Perhaps he was thinking of the TK11? I seldom understand when people complain about slight rings on LED lights, but seriously my TK11 is shocking and mine is not the only one.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The smooth reflector and the Cree LED is probably what caused the ring. Most Cree LED lights have them, even some with textured reflectors.

I think this is due to the metal ring around the Cree XR-E LED.

Taigersx:

:welcome:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps he was thinking of the TK11? I seldom understand when people complain about slight rings on LED lights, but seriously my TK11 is shocking and mine is not the only one.

Have any beam shots? :)

My lights that have smooth reflectors with a Cree all have rings. Some are worse than others. However, when you are spotting something at a distance it isn't noticeable.

Mag317

Newly Enlightened
I have encountered some flashlight while the overall LED is perfectly centered but the internal part(i don't know what is that yellowish thing called) is off centered. Will it in any way affect the beam shot?:confused: