whats your favourite low level light

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine at the moment is a minimag 2AAA with the TLE20 drop in, its really low, quite dispointed when i put it in but now it has a new use, and it has a nice warm tint too.

The packaging says it puts out 30 lumens but i think thats for the 2AA minimag does anyone else have this drop in:thumbsup:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my EDC fauxton with a half-dead battery if I want a really dim light anytime. My E01 is usually OK unless I have night adapted eyes.

I have an old rear bikelight (red light) that serves its purpose well for early hour trips to the bathroom.

A very dim light for use in situations with NO light can be useful and retain night vision well.

So thats probably a strange choice or two but it works for me! Hehe.

Hans

Enlightened
Stock HDS B42 with the low level set to 0.08 lumens. When even that is too bright (with fully dark adapted eyes deep in the woods at night) I add a Surefire red filter.

I never had any of my HDS modded because I didn't want to get a higher low than 0.08 lumens. It's perfect in some situations.

Hans

22hornet

Enlightened
Mine at the moment is a minimag 2AAA with the TLE20 drop in, its really low, quite dispointed when i put it in but now it has a new use, and it has a nice warm tint too.

The packaging says it puts out 30 lumens but i think thats for the 2AA minimag does anyone else have this drop in:thumbsup:

Hello,

I have a minimag 2AAA with a TLE-20 as well. Output should be around 11 real lumens (maybe 12 :grin2:) so it is not too dim. It compares about equal to a Fenix E1, Peak pacific luxeon on one cell, Inova Bolt 2AAA. I like the form factor of the minimag 2AAA a lot. The only problem is the fragile replacement reflector :shakehead.

Kind regards,
Joris

generic808

Enlightened
The E1L's low 3lm output is perfect for me, while the high makes this light a perfect EDC in my opinion.

rtt

Enlightened
I use a AA minimag with a 3 led NiteIze drop-in. Just fine for navigating around the house at night.

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
Nitecore or my 120T,AA and rcr123.workable beam...My TW4 is great flood but not quit low level.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Some bi-pin 2 cell light with a 5mm LED sanded down to around 3mm LED size to fit(I don't have any fancy programmable lights or ones that have a level under 30 lumen, just using what I have around my room). I think it's a similar idea to the SmjLED drop-in(correct me if I'm wrong). Good amount of runtime and pretty simple.

Last edited:

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
L1 (Luxeon) with F04 diffuser. Surefire says its 1.1 lumen- but it sure seems to provide more light than that. It doesn't wake my wife into the "car headlights in our bedroom" panic, but still lets me see what I'm doing. (And has done so for over a year on 1 battery!)

My ARC-P DS- if I could find the ******* thing. Its with my lost keys somewhere.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
Fenix E01 or NIghtcore D10 on low setting. The Nightcore for a bedside light and the E01 if I don't have night adapted eyes but don't want to disturb anyone.

Desertrat

Newly Enlightened
Right now it is my Mini Mag AA with the Terra lux LED.....great for work, or usging around the house at night.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
E01, Perfect level of light for a really loooooong time...

i would say the ARC-ds too, but thats almost too bright..lol

Crenshaw