Ultrastinger

bwcaw

Enlightened
I just bought a D3 from a friend, and would like to get the LPS tactical turbo head for it, does anyone know where I can get one of those other than LPS? I don't have a credit card, so ordering one from them is a BIG hassle. Hey TEX do you think I could trade something for your T-head? Also, how much are they?

Sorry I wandered off topic there.
grin.gif
BTW Batt., You won't be sorry you got the UltraStinger! It is the BEST rechargeable light out there IMHO.

axolotls

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by battman:
One more question before I break out the plastic and get one (and how do I hide bill from fiancee??). What would you ultrastinger owners out there say is the minimum working distance with this light in flood mode- i mean if it's that bright won't the reflective glare (right word?) blind me for any close-up work?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easy. Set up a PayPal account. Sell some good quality stuff to CPF members, have them use PayPal. Now you have a $120+ in your PayPal account. Then use the funds in your PayPal account to buy the UltraStinger. Have it sent to your place of employment (or wherever you can get to it first!). Toss or hide the receipt and tell her you got it as a Bluelight special at K-mart for $20.
grin.gif

Oh, Wait a minute.. that's how I am gonna do it
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to my local Credit Union set up an account and put all my expense checks and mileage checks from work in it. She knows I have it B/C I buy all of her presents with it but she never sees receipts because I don't want her to know what she is getting.
rolleyes.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bigwuss:
Hey TEX do you think I could trade something for your T-head? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, I think I'll keep my T-heads. But with a little patience, you can get one 2nd hand for a good price. I bought one of mine from LPS. One I got with a 12PM I bought on the SF buy/sell board; I got a 3" T-head on a 6P body here on the buy/sell board (put the 3" on the 12PM & the 2.5" from the 12PM on the 6P + A19) Then I traded a D2 for a T-head & lamps for my M3. TX

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bigwuss:
BTW Batt., You won't be sorry you got the UltraStinger! It is the BEST rechargeable light out there IMHO.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Would you believe I have a light I bought at K-Mart for $4.95 that puts out a cleaner, whiter spot than my US or my 9PT. It's a Ray-O-Vac Stainless Steel 3" head with 5 D nicads. It has a 5.2V .85A Halogen bulb & weighs less than 20 oz. Somewhere I have a 5.5V 1A bulb that's brighter, but can't find it. I bought the light @ K-Mart for 4.95 about 15 yrs ago. Still looks like new except for a couple of very minor dents. Did I mention, with batteries it only weighs about 2 oz more than the US??
wink2.gif
TX

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
batman:

It looks like tx is abreviating Ted the Led with TTL. Otherwise I would assume "Through the Lens" or maybe "Texas Tactical Supply.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct. Texas Tactical is TTS. Through the Lens ??? I guess I should have used TtL. TX

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
TTL "Through the Lens" was a big deal 40 years ago when it came to camera view finders and focusing. I distinguished from a separate view finder with "parallax view"

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
TTL,
Get the A19 & N2 lamp. The N1 is very good, but the N2 is GREAT!!! TX
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I got my N-1 bulbs at LPS [email protected] but they didn't have the A19 at the time, but now I hear they have arrived..I already have a 12PM - are you saying the N-2 in the 9 volt configuration throws farther than the 12PM..? is there a comparable bulb to lengthen the reach of the 12PM?
(I'm not even sure i got the right bulbs with my 12PM in the first place, what color collar is the 500 lumen supposed to have? and the 225 lumen?)
Acronym Definition
TTL Through The Lens (camera)
TTL Time To Live (TCP)
TTL Transistor-Transistor Logic
TTL Task Table Listing
TTL Tax Title & License
TTL Time Tracking Loop
TTL To Take Leave
TTL Tool-Trend Line
TTL Trauma Team Leader
wink.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Ted the Led:
I already have a 12PM - are you saying the N-2 in the 9 volt configuration throws farther than the 12PM..? The N2 has a center spot about the same as the N1, but much brighter. Nice, round, defined.
Is there a comparable bulb to lengthen the reach of the 12PM? The closest would be the MN61, 350 lumen. Fairly round beam, lots of light, only 20 min run time. MN60 is a very oblong centersopt. MN62 is not brighter than the 61, but it puts out a larger light. About 10 min run time.
I'm not even sure i got the right bulbs with my 12PM in the first place, what color collar is the 500 lumen supposed to have? and the 225 lumen? The MN62 lamp that came in my 12PM had no markings. The MN60 & MN61 were marked with their #'s. All were black. TX

bwcaw

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
Originally posted by Bigwuss:
[qb] Hey TEX do you think I could trade something for your T-head?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, I think I'll keep my T-heads. But with a little patience, you can get one 2nd hand for a good price. I bought one of mine from LPS. One I got with a 12PM I bought on the SF buy/sell board; I got a 3" T-head on a 6P body here on the buy/sell board (put the 3" on the 12PM & the 2.5" from the 12PM on the 6P + A19) Then I traded a D2 for a T-head & lamps for my M3. TX[/QB]

Darn
frown.gif
Oh well, it was worth a try...

battman

Newly Enlightened
One more question before I break out the plastic and get one (and how do I hide bill from fiancee??). What would you ultrastinger owners out there say is the minimum working distance with this light in flood mode- i mean if it's that bright won't the reflective glare (right word?) blind me for any close-up work?

Gandalf

Enlightened
Probably just a few feet. Pity it's not night time, or I'd test it out in real world use. (I'd be happy to do it tonight, if you want to wait) But the Ultrastinger does go to a pretty wide beam. Another thing to keep in mind is that you can simply take the head/reflector off the US, and use it in candle mode. A bit of care not to bash the lamp is in order, but I think you could even read by the light of an US without the head on it.
cool.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked mine & would say it's useable to 2 or 3 feet, but it will mess up your night vision.
cool2.gif
TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

mm! I never thought of that; the ultrastinger candle..I'll have to try that tonight too. Somewhat related to US discussion; I got my N-1 bulb (6 volt) for my Surefire 6P with 2 1/2 inch turbohead, and it throws just as far as the Ultrastinger! Not quite as bright, nearly though, and not as wide a corona as the US, but definitely a spot way out there! Amazing really.
shocked.gif
smile.gif

axolotls

Enlightened
I just did the plunge. Bought the US (w/ AC/DC Fast Charger) based on all the comments and reviews (and a few PMs to our fellow mods). $110 shipped. Knowing UPS, it'll be a few weeks before it arrives.

Can't wait. I haven't been able to succesfully shut the cows up on the hill at night time.
grin.gif
j/k