• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 15AA>5D adapters, free giveaway. **gone**

mdocod

Flashaholic
I owe a few pass-it-on style favors here on the forums so I figure I'll give away some adapters :)

I'm giving away 2 15AA to 5D (old versions) (~18V series wired) adapters (please limit 1 per person, U.S. residents only), more information about these and some pictures can be seen here in the normal sales thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/195976

All I ask of those who accept a free adapter is that they make a donation to Candle Power Forums:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/IconLegend.html

First 2 people to say "I'll take one," "win" so to speak. I'll contact you through PM here on the forums and obtain a mailing address for delivery of the adapter.

Eric

*fine print* batteries not included :)

Last edited:

Edwood

Enlightened
Re: 15AA>5D adapters, free giveaway.

Edit. Crap. Misread that it's for 5D. LOL, why did I think that 15 AA's can fit into a 3D Mag. :p

-Ed

mdocod

Flashaholic
Re: 15AA>5D adapters, free giveaway.

Ok, Assuming you have pulled your original request Edwood....

carbine15 and glockboy
I will contact you by PM here soon :)

-----------------

carbine15
as for which bulbs could be used, there are a lot of options and it just kind of depends on what type of cells are used and what kind of output and runtime you want. With cells like eneloops I suggest trying out some 12V ~1000-3000 hour rated bulbs. MR-16 or bare bi-pin with metal reflector/glass lens. 12V 35W bulbs will be overdriven to the tune of ~60-75W depending, 12V 50W bulbs will be around 90W give or take.

Doesn't need to be an 18V bulb to work, it just needs to re-rate to be compatible with ~18V. There are also some 15V rated bulbs out there that might work as well... (I think it's the 64633), but might require soft-start or something like that.

Eric

mdocod

Flashaholic
carbine15
glockboy

Your free adapters are in the mail, enjoy, and please remember to make a donation to CPF :)

Thanks,
Eric

*moderators, you may close this thread now if you wish*

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine today. It's very interesting to see it in real life. Very solid and ingenious use of common materials. Thanks :)