New Fenix P2D

Planenutok

Newly Enlightened
I just received my new Fenix P2D for work. I chose the light based on suggestions i found in these forums.

My question is how do i get turbo mode on?? I tried turning the bezel but it simply unscrews the head from the body, no change in light output. is the bezel supposed to turn independent of the rest of the head?

Thanks for getting me addicted to good lights ill never look at a maglite the same again. Already ordered another Fenix.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Tighten bezel all the way = turbo, loosen = multi-mode (lo / med / hi / S.O.S.).

What type of batteries are you using?

Planenutok

Newly Enlightened
I tightened the head as tight as i can then loosened it still no change in modes, i just have the normal 3 plus sos. I'm using surefire batts.:thinking:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe your cell isn't at full capacity. Are they new cells? Do you know their voltage? Also, make sure there's no excessive lube preventing contact between the head and tube.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure the contact points are clean. Start with it in low, then tighten and see if it gets brighter. If it does, that should be Turbo. If it doesn't, then something isn't making contact properly. Check that the top edge of the battery tube is exposed aluminum and doesn't have HA coating on it.

Planenutok

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replys,

They are new cells ive tried several with same results. I disassembled the light and cleaned the threads and body end then reassembled without the end cap it appears to me the the threads are bottoming out before the body makes contact to the head. Ive tightened it as tight as i can get it by hand and still appears to be a small gap. It appears that the body by the oring is making contact to the threads. How much material do you guys have between the threads and the oring???

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it won't work, send it back to the dealer. Did you get it from Fenix-store.com?

Marduke

Flashaholic
You could try the paperclip trick. Form it into a circle the same diameter as the end of the battery tube. Place it between the outer edge of the PCB and battery tube. If that works, you know that a gap is your problem, and what to tell the dealer.

TOTC

Newly Enlightened
Have you tried removing the tailcap, then tightening the head all the way down so it has no resistance against it? Then reinstall the tailcap and see if it's in turbo mode. Just a thought...