Hit my goal of losing 100

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two years ago I decided that before I hit 50 (2009) I wanted to shed my sedentary lifestyle and get more active again, (years of programming and writing at desks and eating junk food and Mountain Dew had started taking a toll). I d=found I did not spend near as much time wandering the woods as I did 10 years earlier and that bothered me more than anything else.

So I started eating healither, gave up soda, working out on a new Bowflex, and walking the woods again (I even started hockey skating in winter again). I wanted to go from 325 to 225 (which is a good weight for my size and build when it is not all fat).

Well, today I checked and I have hit my goal. Now to keep it there. I definitly feel 20 years younger since I quit smoking and have been moving again.

Patriot

Flashaholic
That must have taken some amazing discipline and determination to accomplish. I can't imagine how hard that must have been. My family has never really struggled with weight issues but I've had a lot of friends to have and I've seen how hard it was on them. Congratulations on achieving your goal and now maintaining it in the future. :)

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations!!

That is a really significant accomplishment. I've watched a few friends struggle, mostly successfully, with 30 and 40 pound losses, so I know that 100 is truely remarkable.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow nice job! im sure theres a lot more benefits than just the weight loss (like getting back into the woods as you said). keep it up!

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I'm trying at the moment to lose at least 30 pounds (I'm 6' 2" and currently 235 pounds).

I'm trying for a certain job in a few months, and the weight loss and accompanying fitness increase is almost a requirement. I think, actually, that this job move is the incentive I've needed for years to lose a good amount of weight.

I've been mainly running, much as I hate it, and I'm even getting better at that!

Congratulations on your weight loss, keep up the good work !

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Seeing how hard it's been for me to try to lose less than half of that (I'm 5'9", ~200, and want to get down to 155-160) my hat's off to you. I think I'll be starting major weight loss soon involuntarily, however. The snacks which are a big part of my weight problem are getting too expensive, as is regular food. By the time I buy the regular food, there just isn't a whole lot left for junk food. Now I'm a 36" waist. My goal is to get down to 30" to 32".

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Lee, that is an awesome accomplishment! You've got it right - it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. And you're reaping the rewards in terms of more energy, stamina and a general sense of well being. Kudos to you!

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You deserve a round of applause. Losing 100 lbs is significant and the fact that you changed your lifestyle instead of going on a fad or "expensive pre-defined meals" diet means you are going to keep it off. My hat goes off to you. Now I gotta get off my....