1989 Inaugural Maglite given to me. Is this worth anything? (photos enclosed)

My uncle gave this to me. I find one thing interesting about it. It is only engraved on the head. It is in ALMOST mint condition. he said he used it a few times but i can't really tell.
2669555246_fb7fc63607.jpg

http://flickr.com/photos/dieselducy/2669555246/
Image hosted on Flickr
2668729797_921a3c6d1a.jpg

http://flickr.com/photos/dieselducy/2668729797
image hosted on Flickr
2668725505_753766a24f.jpg

http://flickr.com/photos/dieselducy/2668725505
Image Hosted on Flickr

Last edited:

BMF

Enlightened
No, it's worth nothing. Just another minimag, you can throw it away. But wait, ship it to me instead, I'll pay for shipping. :):laughing::crackup:

Honestly, I have no idea. But it looks wonderful with the logo, try to put it on ebay to see what will happen.

Why not keep it and buy yourself an LED drop-in to enhance the light a little?
I definatly plan on keeping this one. i am just trying to learn about it and see if it actually is worth anything. BTW to answer an earlier question, it did not come with a clip to my knowledge. it did come in that cute little box.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's only worth something if you have the original tailcap w/o the lanyard hole. How much are you willing to pay for one?

Darkpower

Newly Enlightened
I would keep it and definitely not make any modifications to it at all. Collectable items bring more money when they are in the original condition, including the presentation boxes.

Darkpower

Newly Enlightened
Not worth over $5.00 to me, but something I would hold on to. Or sell for $5.00 :) .
:whistle: It definitely has substantial value above the bare "Flashlight" value of a mini-mag to those that collect political memorabilia.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Darkpower, that comment/question is inappropriate. Political sniping has no place here. Please edit your post to remove it.

Zenster

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure that particular Maglite transcends collectability as a "mere" flashlight.
It's much more of a political/campaign memorabilia item, and it would be worth much more to people who collect political memorabilia (campaign buttons, banners, etc.) than to any flashlight collector.

Do a "bush quayle campaign" search on any big auction site and I'll bet some of that memorabilia will show up.
If you want to sell it, I'd advertise it as a Bush/Quayle campaign souvenir rather than as a flashlight, and to people who collect such stuff, it probably won't make any difference that the tailcap had been changed (don't even mention it for that matter).