Looking for a single CR123A light for old cells

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wonder though, will the X5 white run on a single CR123A with spacer?

Crenshaw

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the Streamlight Twin Task 1L. It has both an incan bulb and 3 LEDs. I bought the 2L versions to use up my partial primaries left over from my SF G2. Works well and lights up a reasonable amount, even if it is a little bluish. I see it as my emergency light for when the power drops, etc. It's nice having both the LED and the incan so if I need a burst of bright light I have it in the same light. (Course, when you get those partials down towards the bottom, there ain't gonna be much incan available...)

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
I use an old Arc LS1 to get the last bit out of a battery. Yesterday my Zebralight H30 started flashing, so I figured the batt was about gone. I put the batt into the Arc and it went right to moon mode. So, I'd say the H30 would be good for getting the last little bit out of your old 123s, too...and it's bomb-proof.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll second the Zebralight H30. All I have been using are my old spent batteries. A definite bonus for purchasing this light.:thumbsup:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wonder though, will the X5 white run on a single CR123A with spacer?

Crenshaw

This seems to work in my white X5 but output is substantially reduced, comparable to my Pak-Lite on low.Also, I had to insert the "dummy" battery first in order for this to work.When the CR123 was inserted first the light flickered and barely lit the LEDs.

ValhallaPrime

Newly Enlightened
You could put 2 pieces of potatoes in an x5 and still get some light. But seriously, I've found that the X5 is the best vampire out there when you just need marginal light. When my E2D cuts out on its batts, I still have like 3-4 hrs of sidewalk night-walk light out of my X5.

An awesome test of an X5 is to load it with fresh batts...unscrew the cap....without touching the sides, with one hand touch one finger to the pos tip of the batt exposed. With the other hand just freakin' hold the X5. Look at the glow you get just using your body as a conductor. Crazy.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
This seems to work in my white X5 but output is substantially reduced, comparable to my Pak-Lite on low.Also, I had to insert the "dummy" battery first in order for this to work.When the CR123 was inserted first the light flickered and barely lit the LEDs.
Mine worked, makeshift spacer, but it worked. I however have sold my X5 in anticipation of my Milkycandle..:)

Crenshaw