Tim Russert - RIP

jerry i h

Enlightened
OK, OK, I got a swift kick in the you-know-what by you-know-who. Tony Snow RIP, but where is Tim Russert??

There was no more dedicated political aficionado than Tim Russert. He was, like many others, a veteran of various Democratic political campaigns (IIRC campaign manager for Gary Hart just before the 'Monkey Affair' problem?). He hosted only a one hour political talking heads program on Sunday morning for one hour. Still, he spend the entire week researching every GD thing the guest had ever said or written. If a political person was guilty of hyprocrasy, Russert would sniff it out and confront you with it. I depended on Russert to sniff out liars and hyprocrites. If you were ever not truthful, an interview with Russert would surely be your Waterloo. Russert was akin to those 'touchstones' of Shakespearen plays that revealed your inner soul.

This presidential election season is the most turbulent since JFK. Russert would surely have relished it as the most pivotal poltical season of his entire life. The fact that he passed on the cusp of this is a great loss. If ever we needed a political anchor, it is now; pity that the one person qualified for this role has passed to a better world.

If it is in your power, Tim, please give us your blessing, we will probably need it...

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I can't think of anyone who will be able to fill Tim's shoes, or work as hard and as enthusiastically. I appreciated how important his father was to him, and calling him after every Meet The Press show to get his feedback. His book "Big Russ and Me" was excellent. RIP, Tim

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have distrust and dislike for almost all media people, but I did feel that Russert was probably one of the fairest. He was one of the few that I felt I could take at this word. I'll miss having him on the tube.